Yet another first timer! Getting ready to start

Uhh, the dog not the horse.:laughing:

2 Likes

My city boy dog would be in heaven there!

1 Like

Itā€™s actually a horse stable at a local equestrian school. My wife gathered up a group of our friends and we had a hike with a total of 10 dogs out there walking one Saturday.

1 Like

Whatā€™s happening everyone! I noticed a couple spots on a few leaves. Iā€™m 99.9% sure itā€™s from water but i wanted to get opinions to make sure Iā€™m not having an issue.

3 Likes

Looks like splash marks to me. Is it on just a few leaves?
The dark green leaves looks suspect as well but could be just the pics. Iā€™ll have @Graysin and @OGIncognito chime in for further assessment. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

It does look an awful lot like burn from concentrated nutrients. Nute water drips, if you will.

I will say you should give the undersides of your leaves a good examination with a microscope or loupe just to be safe.

1 Like

My apologies, i forgot to mention Iā€™m using natures living soil so all I am doing is watering with spring water.

1 Like

Water will do the same. It acts like a magnifying glass when itā€™s on the leaves so it will increase light intensity in that specific spot.
As @Graysin said. Look under the leaves as well for pests.

I gave her a good look with the naked eye and she seemed clean. Just bought this from Amazon and itā€™ll be here on the morning when i get home from work. So Iā€™ll get a better look.

2 Likes

@Graysin @The_Chef

The wife just got home and from the naked eye there are no pests thankfully! Here are a couple pictures she just took. Iā€™m leaning towards it being from watering. Iā€™ve just been using a measuring cup and sometimes the leaves get wet. Can this hurt the plant at all other than the spots and such?

3 Likes

Not IMHO it just looks different with a few spotsā€¦ You should see the leaves on my outside Gold Leafs they were beat to crap by high winds, but they are still doing their thing in the sun. So I leave those ragged looking leaves on the plant. Itā€™s a different deal outside and the sun will penetrate much deeper than any light.

Overall you JH looks very healthy donā€™t stress over those few leaves pluck them if they bother you.

3 Likes

Appreciate the tag @The_Chef and agree on the splash burn from top feeding. Looks very heavy on nitrogenā€¦dark waxy leaves are an indicator of this :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

I thought the same on the leaves. They just looked extremely dark green and shiny. Just wasnā€™t sure what the cause was lol.

3 Likes

You got it Brother :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Is there something i can add to lower the nitrogen?

What nutes are you using again?

1 Like

I realized i never filed one out

Strain: ILGM Jack Herer auto

Medium: Natures Living Soil in bottom third mixed with Happy Frog

System Type? 2x4 Tent

Ph Of Runoff Or Solution In Reservoir? No runoff because of living soil

What Is Strength Of Nutrient Mix? No nutrients

Indoor Or Outdoor: indoor

Light System, Size? HLG 260W XL V2 Rspec

Temps; Day, 85 Night 78

Humidity; Day, Night 50

Ventilation System; Ac infinity t6 inline

Ac, Humidifier, De-humidifier, no

Co2; No

Iā€™m only using spring water. Iā€™ve avoided runoff water because of the living soil

2 Likes

Tagging a few organic gurus to help @MeEasy @BigItch

2 Likes

Natureā€™s living soil is a beast. It makes everything extra hot when added to the bottom of the pots, which is what the company recommends.
I honestly love the stuff for teas after the soil is depleted.
I would water till you get a small amount of run off, a cup at most. I would bet your PPM is in the 3k-4k range.
If thatā€™s the caseā€¦
I wouldnā€™t flush since you have a bunch of weeks left but I would start watering to run-off. This will deplete it some and give you an idea of where youā€™re at.
I also would just use left out tap water for this.
You have a nitrogen problem because fox farm is preloaded and then you hit it with a high dose of organics. I know this is what natureā€™s living soil recommends but Iā€™m just saying my experiences.
I would also be adding cal-mag. I find fox farm to be lacking in that area.
@Kj6879
Thanks for the compliment @OGIncognito

3 Likes