Yet another first timer! Getting ready to start

The roots will grow down and reach it. I’ll try to remember to snap some shots of some roots growing outta my fabric into my autopots tonight.

2 Likes

Should I worry that leaves are touching the coco?

1 Like

You can remove them now to avoid them slowly dying over time. It’s grower’s choice, really. Preemptive removal will potentially eliminate the growth of bacteria or fungi that could be harmful to your plant.

2 Likes

Tomorrow is 3 weeks since the seeds hit the ground! Looking great I think!!!

1 Like

Today the girls are 1 month old!

2 Likes

It’s my weekly update! 5 weeks yesterday and they are thriving (I think) I’ve just been tucking leaves and trying my best not to stress it out and keep it simple

5 Likes

They look very nice, very healthy. Stumbled on this forum, and I agree with what you said way up top, “it’s amazing what these plants will deal with.” Very true indeed. Marijuana is very fickle yet quite resilient. The best grown is homegrown! :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

:point_up_2: amen to that :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Super healthy looking Growmie, personally I would clean her up a bit to help with some air circulation and light penetration. I see their autos and some say taboo to defoliate, HST and most methods used on photo period training but I treat the autos I grow just like photos just more selective on the defoliation. Some LST would help if you’re nervous about removing any foliage, spread her out and pin or tie the sides down :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

See, that just made up my mind on going Auto next grow. Thank you! I just bought the All Indica Mix, but I am going to order the Wedding Cake Autos today. I wonder if I should get a 5 pack I know I can fit in my 4x4 or do I get the 10 pack and see if I can cram them all🤔

1 Like

I’m notorious for stuffing a tent full :joy::joy:. I’ve been successful with 2 clone runs of 6 in a 2 x 4 in 2 gallon pots. I started this run with 3 and pulled one last grow in my 1st grow in the 2 x 4. The manifold technique works great for space constraints but I ran one as a mod manifold leaving the 3rd and 4th node and she needed more room and netted me 8 zips dry so no complaints, the 3rd plant was a photo that I took cuttings from and currently in week 8 of flower. Venture down the auto road, their a lot of fun and I usually get a pound out of 2, generally 12 ounces. I said that in an Earlier post and ended up with a runt sour D that might get me an ounce…should have kept my mouth closed :joy::joy::love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t exactly know who Murphy is, but I do know his Law has ruined many gardener’s spirits! I’ve opened the Autos page on ILGM so many times I believe Robert is holding seeds of every variety for me​:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

:point_up_2: ran into that guy more than I’d like too :joy:. ILGM has definitely increased their auto selection over the last 2 years and I’ve scored several 10/10 bean deals :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Good call!!! I did some light defoliation on the bottom third of them today. I’m sure they could use even more but I’m scared to mess them up.

3 Likes

Nice healthy main stalk and leaders!!! They are definitely setting up for some heavy tops!!! Selective pruning is good!! If you can see the center of the plant that means light can get to the center of the plant. They look fantastic! Green👍🏻

1 Like

That’s a dynamite job Growmie! Well done :love_you_gesture:

It would pay off down the road if you can bend the main over and tie it to the side now. Marked in red, this will let the side branches catch up given you an even canopy . This will help with getting all the bud sites the same lighting

3 Likes

My adventures in bending just ended very badly. :joy::joy::joy::joy: Just broke this stem almost completely off. Taped her back on and will check on it when I get home in the morning?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have tried to bend those even on the ends. I believe @OGIncognito meant going down about 6 nodes on the main cola and pinch and bruise the stalk until you can gently lay it over horizontally making it a completely flat canopy.

1 Like

It happens and tape works wonders. I should have mentioned to check how rigid that main was around the red circle. Weird it would have snapped so far down?? :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Yeah I was moving the branches to get some air flow. Time to learn to be more gentle. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like