Yellowing of buds and leafs

You need to do your own research and draw your own conclusions. I certainly won’t tell you that you MUST foliar feed to be successful, but I sure wouldn’t advocate for “never spraying past the seedling stage”

Thanks for the heads up about neem oil, after taking your advice to do research on it I now realise the benifit of timely regular applications of it, amazing I thought you just used it if infestation occurred but the benifits are numerous, so thanks again.

2 Likes

@BlackShirt You can spray your plants with anything you want to. Just to be clear a plant does not NEED to be sprayed with anything. Leave do uptake nutrients but I efficiently as they are not meant to absorb nutrients. The leaves serve important function of photosynthesis and perspiration to control heat. Anything that is sprayed on the leaves could interfere with these important functions.

4 Likes

I agree on the fact there’s no need to use any foliar product unless you have an issue. There are times for everything. But good VPD and airflow will be more beneficial than any foliar feed in my opinion. Because if the plant can’t process what you’re putting on it you can do more harm than good.

4 Likes

10 yrs of cannabis growing, 15+ yrs of gardening…
from my experiences, foliar spraying in general is not good,
it usually invites more problems then it is worth.!!
7 foot tall heirloom and Roma tomatoes…
DSCN0256_LI

my indoor plant’s leaves are never misted with anything…
DSCN2315

3 Likes

also…
water on the leaves/budsites invites fungi and bacteria,
obviously my mater plants get rained on, but i only water the soil, when needed,
when it has rained, i do not tend to the garden so i do not promote the spread of bad stuff in the water.
@WickedAle, this is ‘no till’/organic/heirloom mater plants…
DSCN0259

wish i could put my indoor plants into the garden.!!

2 Likes

@SlowOldGuy Since I make beer I have left over grains. I mulch these together with grass clippings and every year I work these into my outdoor tomato bed. Shit smells so nasty from all of the microbes that have been fermenting it, but I swear, my tomato plants get to 8ft tall. I have to use a ladder to harvest. I do agree with compost gardening hugely. Just can’t do it indoors and so I went dwc for simplicity.

1 Like

That looks like a fast young guy !

1 Like