Yellowing of 1st set of true leaves

Hello all,
I have a question regarding the yellowing of the first set of true marijuana leaves on my 28 day old plants. I guess my question is why is this happening and/or is this normal?
I grow in a mix of Happy Frog and ocean forest soil. I have not been giving them anything other than a little Recharge and pH water from (pH 6.4 to 6.6).
The Roots reached the bottom of the Solo cups but I was not watering to run off. Should I have been watering to runoff when the roots reached the bottom of the Solo cups, though the plants seemed happy and healthy? I have since transplanted them from their Solo cups (under T5 lights) to 1 gallon fabric pots (under 315W cmh’s). When I saw the first set of yellowing leaves I thought that the plants were telling me it’s time to transplant before they get root bound. So I did.
Maybe they were telling me I was slightly over or under watering them? I am just trying to understand what the plants are telling me.
Thanks for the help and time everyone. I appreciate it. I will attach some pictures of them. Hope everyone has a nice afternoon.

1 Like

Those leaves don’t last long. They’re just there to get the plant started and then the plant discards them.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate you taking the time to do that. I love this website.
I was meaning to ask this question in the past and I never did… But this time around I thought I should finally ask the question and learn or understand what’s going on. I’m glad I did. Thank you for your prompt reply and taking the time to answer.

1 Like

Those three bladed leaves will likely be the next to go. The plant won’t need them much longer.

1 Like

I appreciate the heads-up regarding the three fingered leaves. I’ll be adding this to my notebook. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate that

1 Like

Is it typical for the marijuana plant to lose some of its lower leaves during its lifetime? ( I should add I know how the leaves respond towards the end of its flowering cycle before Harvest but wondering more so during the veg cycle)…
For instance during veg if some of the lower and or inner leaves of the plant start to yellow and die off is that normal? Or after the three bladed set of leaves get used up should every other leaf pretty much remain on the plant as is?
Thank you for the follow-up to my question. I appreciate that. You just got me thinking as I’m sitting here and I figured I should ask the question. Have a good afternoon

As time goes on, some of the lower fans will begin to yellow and die off. Normal. But plant should be in flower before that happens

2 Likes

Excellent. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I actually just edited my previous question indicating about the late flower time and such.
Yeah that’s what I was kind of wondering. I’m trying to watch my plants more and understand them rather than following set schedules and stuff like that if it makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to respond. Hope you have a good afternoon

Yeah, those little girls didn’t read about schedules! Have a good one. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I chuckled out loud at that. But that’s exactly my thinking. For years I’ve been following foxfarm feeding schedules and stuff but now I want to actually listen to them rather than tell them what I think they need hahaha have a nice afternoon