Yellowing more from the bottom up

Now that the leaves are getting a little older , I put more cal mag into the water , I’m going to buy some distilled water today and check the run off and everythjng . But the leaves are definitely showing lighter colors.

Looks like you may have a sulfur or magnesium deficiency. Use a tablespoon of Epsom salt per gallon of water

@HornHead okay , I’m about to check the run off of my water ,

@PurpNGold74 the water is at 7 ph , so if I add nutrients and what not it will change the ph . After all the runoff it should hit around what u said in the last post

if you water is at 7 before nutes, when you add them, it should drop below 6. You then have to adjust pH back into proper range before pouring into soil. Then you check the runoff to see how the soil is looking

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 the water after the nutes is 5.8

soil? if so adjust it back up to 6.6ish with ph up before pouring

@PurpNGold74 the water itself with the nutes I haven’t put it into the soil yet

I know. when feeding remember, always have proper ph before pouring into soil.

So nutrient solution is 5.8
Add ph up slowly, and adjust to 6.6.
Then pour into soil.
Catch runoff
Check its ph as well. Just to know

OOOO i said soil as in ur growing in soil, not coco or promix correct?

1 Like

Okay on it real wuick I’ll put the ph up

Yes I’m growing in fox farm ocean forest soil @PurpNGold74

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 so after that the ph being 6.6 it is now 5.7 , 5.8 runoff

Yellowing in the lower fan leaves is normal as the plant is drawing more nutrients to the top where the stronger light and flowering is taking place. the leaves down at the base could be trimmed off allowing more for growth at the top.

1 Like

that means you ph was very very low… and possibly why your leaves are yellowing rapidly… while she’s still wet. Id give them both a ph 7 watering… at least a gallon or until her runoff is in range. Then refeed.

Do u have a ppm meter?

@PurpNGold74 no I do not , they were getting to the 112$ range at the hydroponic store I just went a bought a 40$ ph tester

Holy crap! nope u dont need that expensive a ppm meter… Amazon has a few 10-12 bucks… its great for what we need… Those $112’s are for more… elaborate purposes

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 honestly I was like woahhhh , put that back in the shelf lol . Can’t do that right now

HAHAHA I feel ya. This hobby gets expensive… But at that price, itll be more of startup commercial costs :laughing:

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 will have an update tmrw , she def looks a lot happier !!!

Sounds like you got it covered! Unrelated though, what lights are you using and how high are they? Looks like the plants stretched quite a bit, you might be able to lower your lights and get some more weight/density.

1 Like