Yellowing leaves, purple stems, weak dying plants. Losing my girls please help!

My girls seem to be rapidly declining and I cannot seem to properly identify and resolve the issue. At first stems started turning purple along with drooping leaves. I first thought it was due to overwatering. I stretched the time in between watering to once every 3 days as instead of 2. Then the situation became worse and leaves had begun turning yellow with spotting. I switched back to watering every 2 days and plants began praying again shortly after watering. purple stems and yellowing leaves at the bottom were still getting worse and now I had noticed the tips off all leaves including newest growth with white singed tips and growth has stunted. I had topped plants weeks ago before problem got bad. I also tried feeding them small doses of cal mag, fish Fert and finally some fox farm big bloom. Ive every now and then also foliar sprayed them with Optic Foliar overgrow. Ive since refrained from using any Nutes whatsoever because the leaf tips seem to be burned so Im suspicious its Nute Burn. with Nutes I put around 400-700 ppm. I bought a $10 Ph pen and it seems off but somewhat close to accurate. about .5 off from testing solution. it doesn’t stay still just keeps moving up points. I try to get 6.5 with or without Nutes. Im in 3 gallon fabric pots about to transplant to 5 gallon. I hope that corrects the issue. When transplanting I notice I can barely see the roots just a really hard dry clump of dirt and roots. not sure if its root rot or under watering. I feel so lost about it. I even debated the distilled water is use and am now trying running creek water that I boil. please help. this is my first grow and id be so disappointed to lose them :frowning:

Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Forest with added Perlite and compost/manure

2 Likes

Hi and welcome!
Not looking happy - but beyond my knowledge.
@DankBank22 @repins12 @Covertgrower @imSICKkid Can you guys assist please? More along your soil grow I think.

Best of luck mate!

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No
1 Like

My guess, is that whatever soil/compost water combo you have is wayyyyy off.

If you transplant just use straight fox farms ocean forest. Don’t amend it. Use properly ph’d water, and you’ll be good for at least a month.

Ps. Humidity could go up. 60%+ at this point.

3 Likes
  • Strain: x2 NY Power Diesel & x2 Random bag seed
  • Method: Organic Soil (FFOF)
  • Vessels: 3 Gallon Fabric Pots (about to be transplanted to 5 Gallon)
  • PH of Water: 6.5-7.2 (Ph pen not good, may be off, switching to GH ph test kit instead of pen)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution: 400-700
  • Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor
  • Light system: Spider Farmer SF1000 & Viparspectra 600 dimmable (LED Full Spectrum)
  • Temps; Day 75-82 Night 73-79
  • Humidity; Day 50-62 Night 50-60
  • Ventilation system; AC Infinity 6 Inch Inline Duct
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: AC same room as tent (Currently kept at 75), Humidifier outside of tent (Warm mist)
  • Co2: No
1 Like

Just a guess on my part, but it kinda sounds and looks like maybe you had a nute deficiency and overdid it trying to fix them, swinging the pendulum back too hard, and burning them.

Nute deficient leaves will never recover. Don’t look at them for signs of improvement in the plant. Look at the next node above the damaged leaves to see if it’s still spreading up the plant. Look at the new growth to see if it looks healthy. The damaged leaves are done.

2 Likes

Also you’re under watering. That can cause ph swings. Recommend to flush with with the proper ph’d water.

4 Likes

Looks thirsty to me. Needs a good watering until there is runoff. That soil looks barely and unevenly watered.

1 Like

Welcome to the community ! I recommend you buy a quality pH meter, that will be your best troubleshooting tool moving forward.

2 Likes

Thank you all so much the help and info regarding my unhappy girls. Ive just transplanted them into 5 Gallon pots with FFOF with extra perlite. I watered and did a foliar spray with Ph’d water. Heavily watered them in old pots just before switching in 5 gallons. Then I dampened transplant hole and surrounding soil before placing in new pot also dunked them in ph’d water before transplant. Given your replies im now thinking my PH was off when watering, bad watering schedule (Not enough water and too far apart) plus probably nutrient burn when I tried to fix what I figured was deficiencies. I know that incorrect Ph can cause lockout and I now know under watering can swing Ph too. I look forward to seeing them recover with new growth. This forum and community is so helpful and awesome