Yellowing leaves just starting at 6-7 weeks

Hi there, first time growing. White widow autoflower, roughly 6-7 weeks along. Things have been going well since i started, but recently leaves at the bottom of one of the plants are yellowing and wilting. It also looks like the tips of most of the leaves are starting to yellow. I just switched from Fox Farms Grow Big nutrients to Fox Farms Tiger Bloom a little over a week ago. Here are a few pics.

Most things ive read point me toward some either ntrient deficiency or burn, im just inexperienced and not sure. Any advice qould be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

4 Likes

I think your plants are looking real good. I have heard that bottom fan leaves will turn yellow. It’s normal. The tips or the leaves are turned from nutrient burn but with just the tips it means you are pushing them to do well. I don’t see anything to worry about.
Happy Growing :blush::v:

5 Likes

Most people use foxfarm trio along with cal mag as basic nutrients.I am currently growing White Widow Auto and that is what i use.

Here is the feeding chart

2 Likes

Not seeing anything alarming. As the plant matures the mobile nutrients move to where their needed. The lower older fan leaves will die off and you can remove those. Well done they look good :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Yup try to stick to those charts, they did a ton of R&D to find what works. I recommend going about half strength until ur sure plants can handle it. But follow the ratios closely and flush on schedule

The couple of lowers yellowing is natural. Just means she was done with those leaves and they dont really help much anyway. I wouldnt pull grow big completely u less the plants show a Nitrogen toxicity or im approaching harvest.

1 Like

You need to continue the Grow Big along with the Tiger bloom. The grow big has the needed nitrogen and Tiger bloom the PK. You can alternate the big bloom or feed that and calmag on water days :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Excellent, thank you all so much. What an amazingly fast and helpful community.

Yeah, i had misunderstood the feeding schedule when i first read through it, it looks like. So, i thought that i wasnt supposed to mix together the nutrients in the same water. And i also though i was supposed to pull Grow Big at flowering.

So ive been alternating one watering with big bloom, then one with grow big . And now, been doing one with big bloom then one with tiger bloom. Whew, big oops here lol.

Just to make sure i got it, i use all 3 nutrients in the same watering each time instead of rotating them and just stick to those ratios, is that right?

1 Like

That is correct. They maybe a proper order to mix them but im not aware if so. Just follow the order on the paper if in doubt

I have a follow up check in. On that one plant, some leaves are starting to yellow, going further up the plant. It the one on the front right.

I have been watering with the nutrient mix recommended now. Only that one plant is doing it, the other rwo seem okay. I just wanted to make sure that im still okay since the yellow leaves are a bit higher up now.

I have a follow up check in. On that one plant, some leaves are starting to yellow, going further up the plant. It the one on the front right.

I have been watering with the nutrient mix recommended now. Only that one plant is doing it, the other rwo seem okay. I just wanted to make sure that im still okay since the yellow leaves are a bit higher up now

This is the way…

I unfortunately dont have a tool to monitor ECH. Ive just been measuring the water PH. These are the water and then runoff PH pics.

Looks to be going in at roughly 6.1 and coming out at around 7.0.

1 Like

Those color checkers are too vague for my tastes. I get they are pretty accurate and guessing gets it done for some… but i love digital.

Make the leap. U wont look back

My two are 5th going on 6th wk veg. Noticed yesterday the yellowing/wilt bottom leaf. Only took a day or two to turn. From this forum guess normal for bottom leaves to give out. Did add foxfarm last night watering. Been watering every 3 days with spray water to get top moist during light/day. Using happy frog soil so the chart helps out the fertilize angle.

1 Like

Appears to be normal fade, personally I would do a little lollipop’s and remove any growth below the red line :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

thats cool thks for the advice. This morning, before reading this, clipped off very bottom leaves. Today they were more drooped and more yellow. Red line looks a layer above the bottom leaves. Might be cautious and see how they develop before anymore cutting. But yeah, imagine that’s the pruning aspect of getting rid of the wasted energy.

Also just read about lollipopping the plant. Besides just trimming the yellow leaves but also the bottom layers leaves will draw the bud growth to the top for the better bud with all the light and more energy. Thats the red line reference I finally saw. Also read being careful with limb trim and not cut away a sprout of another branch too close to the cut.