Yellowing in tips

Whats up guys/gals…im a beginner with growing and I have some plants in 5gallon fabric pots with FFOF soil.
The tips of my plants are just starting to turn yellow. Can anyone give me any advice on how to treat or what not to do? Any advice I’d really appreciate it.

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best. Pictures of the whole plant can be very helpful.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manne

Welcome to the board.

Thanks, im still new an learning, I apologize in advanced for any common sense questions.

No need for apologies. If you fill that ticket out for sure you will get the help you are needing. This place is full of experts.

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed -NA

• Method: organic soil FFOF

• Vessels: Pots 5 GALLON

• PH of Water, 6.5

• PPM/TDS or EC -NA

• Indoor or Outdoor -INDOOR

• Light system 430W LED

• Temps; Day, Night -80 DURING DAY 75 AT NIGHT

• Humidity; Day, Night 55-60 BOTH DAY AN NIGHT

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size - 6IN AC INFINITY

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier - DEHUMIDIFIER

• Co2 , No

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM forum. First your girl looks healthy. My initial thought is the FFOF is a reasonably hot soil, so I the discoloration on the tips are just a little nutrient burn from amendments in the soil. OF will generally carry your girl for 6-8 weeks. If you don’t have a TDS meter you should buy one. You will need to eventually get runoff ppm readings to see where your nutrient level is in the soil. Something else to keep in mind is to consider starting cal-mag before long. If you haven’t started it by the time she starts flowering you will most likely need to soon after flowers start forming.

2 Likes

Agree with @bulldognuts looking good don’t add any nutes the plant will let you know. I do add cal mag, liquid kelp and silica blast every other watering you did a nice job topping keep up what your doing and welcome

3 Likes

Exactly. Nothing about your plant to worry about.

2 Likes

I do have a tds/ec meter. Should I use that to test my next run off? And I think I’ll grab the cal-mag this week, I know I needed it just wasn’t sure when being this is my first time. What should the run off be if you dont mind me asking.

1 Like

Yeah I wasn’t sure when to top, but read usually after the 5th set of nodes. Do you think the FFOF would take me into flower just giving it cal-mag before I would have to top dress. Im going to use all organic dry amendments to top dress. Well thats the plan lol

1 Like

I use dry amendments to the trouble with them is they don’t react right away like liquid nutes do it takes a couple watering to get to the root zone that’s where the ppm comes in and remember the 5 to 7 weeks is after last trans plant so yes it can take you to flower depending on how long you veg

1 Like

Have you decided on what nutrient line you are going to use. I started with FF Trio but no longer use them. Check your nutrient schedule and see what it calls for. As a general rule in soil once ppm’s drops into the 900 range you will want to start nutrients. I use a nutrient line that is the same mixture from start to finish, so once my ppm’s get below 1000 I start nutrients and don’t take any readings unless I notice a issue. @Myfriendis410 can better advise you on the specifics of when to start nutrients.

I wouldn’t bother right now. It will be very high but buffered by the soil.

But to answer your question 4,000 to 6,000 ppm when fresh.

Thanks for all the help, greatly appreciate it. How would you recommend me lowering the ph in my soil? Just by watering it with ph’ed water?

1 Like

What’s the ph runoff reading. My experience with FF Soils, has been that ph tends to drift down. If you haven’t taken a runoff reading you probably should before you start trying to raise or lower.

1 Like