Yellowing from inside out (in the veins of the fan leaves)

I’m getting yellowing in the fanleaves. From the inside out if you will. Any ideas what the issues are here?

1 Like

Can you fill out a support ticket?

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to see support ticket too, but your plants appear to be far enough along there won’t be much to do about it.

1 Like

I figured there isn’t much to do about it either, but I’m unsure why it happened to begin with. Hoping to avoid it next round. I had issues with nute burn from the tap water I was using, but since switching to RO, everything was smooth sailing until just recently.

Curious as to how you assimilated nute burn to the tap water? If you fill out that support ticket I will look it over.

1 Like

[quote=“Drinkslinger, post:2, topic:38340”]

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed - NA
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF - All fox farm, from soil to the big three
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths - one regular pot and 3 fabric pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) - I’ve had issues with ph meters - two of them (and calibrated) and they never seemed to even out and find a true reading.
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable - NA
  • Indoor or Outdoor - In
  • Light system - two generic yet effective lights I got on the cheap. Upgrades coming soon
  • Temps; 70-75
  • Humidity; 37°-42°F
  • Ventilation system; Yes, - into the chimney (which isn’t used for anything other than this)
    *just An exhaust fan and a circulating fan
  • Co2;- No

Chlorine in the local tap water. It was the only thing that made sense at the time (3 months ago) and I hadn’t had any issues since.

1 Like

Knowing pH is key. Especially for fox farms nutes. I imagine your discoloration is probably pH or nute related.

Were you following their feed schedule? Did you also flush when recommended?

There appears to be a lot of nitrogen, probably time to scale it back. Not knowing your tds/ppm runoff numbers makes it hard to make a good recommendation, but if you haven’t flushed I’d do so.

The buds are a bit small, that’s probably due to the lack of proper lighting.

1 Like

Which meters?

1 Like

I don’t think that will cause nutrient burn, but maybe some difficulty with plants in general. It’s not good for your rhizosphere.

When I see

That usually means it wasn’t monitored, and is most likely your issue. Fox farms soils are nutrient rich out of the bag, and will usually burn young plants. And their nutrient schedule is very aggressive. Most use at reduced strength and/or are diligent on recommended flushing.

When I was looking at your pic above, I was thinking some sort of a micro deficiency. Boron maybe? Chances are everything you needed was in the pot, but the ph was out of range for it to be plant available. Kinda like drinkslinger said.

2 Likes

All stuff I’m trying to learn. If you have a proper pH meter to recommend, that would be much appreciated. I have the ability to collect the runoff without issue.

Also had my eye on this CREE light I’ve read good things about. Any other recommendations would help.

1 Like

You had @dbrn32 here. He’s the lighting legend.

As for pH meters… I’ve had a few. One can go cheap and get ok quality, but they usually crap out sooner than later.

I stepped it up and bought the apera ph20. It was great, but I accidentally broke the probe and it’s not replaceable. Then I bought the ph60. Even better, replaceable probe and back lit. It’s been going strong with monthly calibration. When you buy one you need to also get the storage solution as well as at least the pH 4 and pH 7 calibration fluids.

2 Likes

How big is your grow space? The cree cxb3590 is a great led. However, that company more than likely doesn’t use their top bin cobs.

It’s about 5’ x 6.5/7’. I only tried 4 plants the first time. Wouldn’t try more than 6. It’s a closet essentially that I can vent into the chimney. It couldn’t be more of an exquisite space.@dbrn32

1 Like

I will take your advice on the pH meter. @Drinkslinger

2 Likes

What is a top bin cob?

1 Like

If you plan on flowering that whole space you’ll need a lot of light. A good led light for 5x5 is north of $1000. I’m guessing you don’t use whole space?

Cree places all of their leds into performance bins. Current highest bin has almost twice the light output as the lowest. From cxb3590 data sheet

1 Like

Nah. Maybe 2/3 of the space at most.

1 Like

Quantum boards are hot ticket if you want most bang for your buck. They’re available in a few fixtures, but mostly kits for different sized spaces. Horticulture lighting group…

2 Likes