Yellowing early

I can see where the plant would get burned by the compost but it shouldn’t cause new growth to look like this i know over watering can definitely flood the roots and cause issues like this I personally still am leaning more towards some type of lock out and would still recommend getting a good ph and tds meter so that numbers are being read accurately as far as genetics go I cant really speak on to much as I’ve only been growing the last couple years now all the beans I’ve gotten from ilgm have been great in my experience and extremely resilient plants i feel if anything genetics have gotten alot better over the years

1 Like

@LiesGrows Thx,
So if there’s maybe a lock out starting up or going on would I be correct in assuming that the calmag/iron I applied would be made unavailable because of that?

1 Like

Realistically your correct if the plant is dealing with a lock out it won’t uptake the nutrients its being given therefore it won’t get better within a few days if its not getting better within a few days that would lead me to believe its a ph issue and not a iron issue pretty much process of elimination at this point id flush the medium even tho its new soil your ph would have to be fixed thats why I recommend a good ph meter for accurate readings you need to get a runoff readings to see where the ph of the soil is currently

Maybe just try simplifying ur process even more. Instead of a mix just use one or the other as far as ur soil. I use just ocean forest soil and it’s fine, seedlings always sprout and never have issues. The ocean forest keeps the plant fed up to 5 weeks, then u need to start feeding it urself. This is the Girl Scout Cookie Extreme auto I grew

And this is the GG4 I’m growing right now

1 Like

@JiggaMan1987 Nice!
@LiesGrows Ya, things are not getting better. They’re not coming back. Cutting the loss and will start over when I get a new high quality pH meter. Failure sucks! Got new beans on the way. Trying autos this time. Thanks for you help.:v:

1 Like

Dam you definitely probably could have brought them back with a flush these plants are extremely hardy and can honestly take alot but to each there own also just be aware if you deal with issues with autos its hard to fix sense they flower on there own when they want leaving alot less control over the grow in general

1 Like

@LiesGrows They were too far gone imo and if they did come back, I felt the end result would’ve been disappointing due the the early life stress. So…
Got a high-quality Mega Meter ppm/pH tester and Ultimate RO system both from the Grow Boss. My ppm was through the roof out of the tap not to mention my cheap pH meter not being accurate. Replacing my 1000w hps with 2 XS series ViparSpectra LED’s. Finally! A fresh start about to commence!

1 Like

@LiesGrows
A grower friend was able to stop by took one look at the gals & immediately says oh damn, they’re burning up - way too much light. 1000 W HPS was already pretty high but raised as high as it could go and moved the plants out from direct line off to the right and left side of it but after days later they just kept getting worse as I believe they were too far gone

1 Like

I take it the balist you have isn’t dimmable and led is so much better than that old school stuff don’t get me wrong they definitely work but just extremely outdated they have there place tho lol

1 Like

Also what XS units did you get?

@LiesGrows
I went w/2
ViparSpectra XS-series-1500
Infrared full spectrum.
My grow platform is 4’x3’.

1 Like