Yellowing and browning leaves

This browning/yellowing just started a couple of days ago in my Cherry Pie plant which is looking like it’s in transition stage. I use Flora three part series of nutrients mix at “Transition” stage-4,4,4ml.
I use the General Hydroponics ph test indicator. It’s a bit tough to tell if I might be a little low with the test mix. My water is a little high in ph so I use ph down. In reading through the posts on this forum, it looks like a calcium deficiency? Ph too low? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide a newbie.
IMG_3097

1 Like

I would call it a calcium deficiency however…

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Some pictures of the whole plant would help too. Important to know where on the plant that’s happening.

2 Likes

This is where it started, but spread very quickly in one day. I think I am over-feeding it. Tested run-off and ph in was 6.5 and 5.0 coming out. I have been flushing as much as I can. PPM meter is coming today to verify.

2 Likes

No problems here. Normal sacrifice of older lower leaves.

3 Likes

Are you watering with a good amount of runoff? You need at least 10%, this will keep the salts from building up and lowering your ph.

Ph of 5 is way to low, you could have a lockout at this point

Not sure what your water source is, but you may need to include calmag in your feed.

I don’t use these but I hear others on the form using half strength

3 Likes

Thank you! Yes, good advice on runoff and backing off on the Flora. I wasn’t doing any runoff. I received my meters yesterday and my PPM in the runoff was sky-high at around 5k! Flushed all three plants and they are now in the 700-900ppm range.
Should I not do any feeding for a while? Or, when would you suggest I start back up on nutrients, albeit at the suggested reduced amounts?

2 Likes

Coming along well then.

Reduced amounts and watch would be my course if action there. Nice job in the flush

2 Likes

Check out this video

1 Like

Well explained

1 Like

Thank you for the link to the very informative video. I still have a question though. My overfed plant, CherryGasm has been flushed about two weeks ago, and with ph balanced water the input with treated tap water was 298ppm and the runoff was 334ppm. I decided it might be time to give her a light Flora feeding of 1m/1m/1m. The ppm in was 400ppm and the ppm out was 455ppm. Is that ok, or should I keep flushing? My ppm before flushing was 5k+.

2 Likes

I have over-fed and had a lockout situation with PPM in the 5k range, and then flushed to get to ~800PPM in the run-off. Then I resumed conservative feedings from Flora for about two weeks. I just did a ph-balanced watering with an input of ph 6.4/248PPM (ph-downed well water) and an output of 6.32/530PPM. Is this normal? Or should I be getting higher or lower PPM readings?

2 Likes

Growing outdoor. Long Island NY, Feminized Wedding Cake. Doing great then tops started yellowing. Flower yellow Tested soil and added little lime and Bloodmeal. Help! I hope I can save. Am growing a Kush next to it doing fantastic.

2 Likes

I’m no expert here but it looks like bud rot

Someone else is way more capable of diagnosing but I’d recommend even more detailed pics

I’m on the Jersey coast so our growing environments are similar so I’m anxious for you to get answered too

@kaptain3d @Caligurl @oldmarine
I know these three should have much more insight as they are seasoned growers

3 Likes

@Covertgrower and @PurpNGold74 might know better than me here… I’m a beginner compared to these gentlemen… :nerd_face:

4 Likes

@kaptain3d no worries …Lol if you are a beginner compared to them
I’m still in the womb hahahaha

3 Likes

Or a possible fungus of some kind.
Not really sure on that. Organic fungicides would be best, I haven’t looked into what is the best to use.
I welcome anyone who has an idea.

4 Likes

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m at a loss here

I will send more pics

Here’s some more pictures, hoping you can help me out.