Yellow, Wilting leaves, Autoflower indoor

Hi all, I have 4 autoflower plants indoor tent, one with yellow, wilting leaves but bottom is growing fine. Other plants are doing great! They all are in cloth 4 gallon pots with Happy Frog soil and get water every 3 days (or when they need it). Lights are on/off 16/8 hours a day.
What should I do next? Should I trim any leaves? Should I just move one with yellow leaves to outside? Should I do the tie down?

Those last 2 pictures show nitrogen toxicity. Do you know your runoff pH and PPM?

They are too thin do defoliate and need those leaves to produce the sugars that the plant needs.

1 Like

I have no idea what runoff PH or PPM is (I’m new at this). I thought they were thin too! I didn’t know if it was because I only out one seed in pot. I used the same fertilizer once in all of them, I’m guessing that one didn’t like it. Thanks for your help.

As it should be.

1 Like

Sorry I meant put one seed in the pot. I will check out the PH and nutrients issue. Thank you all!

First order of business. Get some meters and check the runoff. Second order of business continue and repeat. PH is like your ripcord on the parachute. Nothing else matters if it’s not right and if you get in trouble you pull the PH reset cord first and foremost,and usually, you will be swinging happily in the clouds again after. Newbies, me in particular, tend to say yup I got it and then launch into Cal Mag, Phos, Nitrogen or other issues and deficiencies that all may be true but are all related to PH problems. They look a little stretchy also. What is your light situation? When you are waiting on the meter do a search on LST and add that to the mix when you are comfortable also. Volume on auto’s gets much better with even some minimal and relatively gentle LST training in my experience.

1 Like

I like the first step and will get the Meter and look into ph etc. I am interested in the light LST work as well. Here is my light. I could use a riser and move them closer possibly.

What Light is it. Usually u can het away with 18 to 24 inches some closer in flower but ull wanna watch for foxtails. Apera ph20. For a ph meter and a vivosun tds meter will both be required to get a good grow.

1 Like

I am not a light expert but there are plenty on here. My lights in fact are unpopular, overpriced and no doubt not as good as they would have been had i asked for advice here first. I am a big fan of the AC Infinity stuff as of late though and it looks like you are off in the right direction. If you provide the make and model of the light I might be able to drag someone in that can give you a read on it. They can convert it to the number of u/mols its dropping and all kinds of wattage and can even tell you if the little diodes in it are the “good” ones or the “crappy” ones. :slight_smile: Distance from the light matters to and it seems to vary a bit by the mfg. LED’s can generally run pretty low for example but my lights need to ride higher. Which I elected to learn the hard way by not reading or retaining the info. You will get tons of info on here by just looking around and reading. Some of the members here have been doing this for decades and brilliant comes to mind sometimes when you take a look at thier suggestions. Good luck and keep growing.

1 Like