Yellow tips on some fan leaves?

Mars hydro 600w (100-125 watt)
Happy frog soil
Happy frog bites (not given yet)
Fan constantly blowing air
Bruce banner autoflowers

Not sure what’s going on have a few leaves at the very bottom turning yellowing and dying off I’ve heard is normal, however also a few fan leaves mid thru my plants have yellow tips and I’m worried they will die also. I’ve heard both my plants look healthy besides one may have a slight nitrogen excess. Any ideas what is causing the yellow tip on a few fan leaves? I can take pictures of the actual leaves if needed. Thanks!

Out of likes but :heart: :heart:. They look pretty healthy and good to me tbh. Couple more pics maybe of close up on where you see issues? Yellowing tips aren’t uncommon but if they spread or leaves are curling or drying out then probably a deficiency of some sort

2 Likes

I’m with CB - they look good to me. If they start to look like painted finger nails - probably some nute burn but nothing I would worry about :handshake: Looks like they could handle some more light - how far away is your light from the short plant?

@kjcarr24
Medium looks kinda dry on the droopy one in first pic.
They due for water ? Buckets light ?
:v:

About 20 inches front my smallest one. About 8 inches from my tallest and probably about 14 inches from my middle one. And I’ll just doing my normal thing! I appreciate all of you! If it gets worse I’ll for sure be back lol.

Just watered both actually, found out after I gave it quite a good bit of water that I was under watering it. Before it was worse than it is now, it’s perked up a bit since. 2 days ago it was worse and then I watered it pretty good and it came up the next day.

1 Like

They’re sleeping right now but tonight around 8-9 est I’ll get you some pics of those leaves for a better opinion. Thanks man!

My shortest one in its bucket is a seedling it’s grown pretty well and about 20 inches from the light it started going crazy here recently and thick stem as well.

2 Likes

They’re big enough to water to run off now in those buckets. 5 gal I’m guessing.
Then let them get light before you water again but not so much they droop. :wink:
And too. If they’ve gone dry the leaf tips can yellow up same as an over fert.
:v::call_me_hand:

Edit. Not to run off on the lil ones. :wink:.

1 Like

Totally normal.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

That makes sense also, because if they’re underwatered that could cause the yellow tips?! Since watering more they’ve been perking up. My one is budding fine but the other is seeming to be a bit behind, the first pic you see in the main post is 5 weeks and 1 day old. One you see budding is 6 weeks and 1 day old. Not sure if I need to change lighting for the one but won’t that mess the other two up? Not sure what to do there either

1 Like

If they’re autos then no issues.
Photos is another matter.

No issues with the tip yellowing or with the not budding yet and light schedule? Should I leave them on there current 18/6 and wait for it to flower?

1 Like

Autos will flower on 12/12. 18/6. 20/4.
Just give the bigger ones a bit more water at a time and the yellowing from being dry will take care of itself.
Won’t go away on the leaves already with yellow tips but should stop it’s progression on any new growth.

To finish. If photos then you would need a separate area to have a different light schedule for veg and flowering.

1 Like

Ahhh I see! And lately I’ve been giving them about a gallon of water and just soaking the soil down. I’m just wondering why the medium one isn’t seeming to flower yet? Maybe just needs more time I guess? Each day I look at it I don’t see very much progress, maybe from not watering enough or maybe just needs more time in general, it is a week behind the other. And ofc in the plant world a week is a long time.

1 Like

Some varieties do take a bit longer to show pistils.
Some start at 3 weeks. Others not till 7 or 8.
I’ve got 4 now with one confirmed girl.
Just over 8 weeks since seed. :man_shrugging:
It is what it is.
Generally tho ime if they show later then I get a much bigger plant. :grin:
Happy new year my friend and good luck.
You got this. :+1:
:v:

2 Likes

Thanks my man! Happy New Years!

1 Like