Yellow spots on edge on plant leaves

My plants are about 4 weeks. They are starting to grow yellow spots on the on the edges and don’t know how to go about treating them. Any ideas what could be causing this and how I can fix it ?

![image|375x500](upload://rAL1xuTZHzDue1Owq1boHGfBjcT

.jpeg)

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

2 Likes

This is sour diesel strand. Feminized.
4 weeks
Organic soil (Happy frog soil) (also used the fox farm nutrients for the first time almost a week ago)
For the vessel I use fabric. One is 10 gallon and the other is 7 gallons.
For the water I measure the PH level at 6.0 before watering.
To measure the ph level I base it off if the color chart the bottle comes with.
Growing indoor in a 10x10 insulated shed.
I use spider farmer LEDs sf1000 11.8 x 10.5 x 2.3 inches. Have two for two plants.
100 watts
They currently are doing 18hrs of light
I keep my temp at 78 degrees Fahrenheit. Never drops below 73.
Have not yet measured humidity. I have a humidifier in there but my measuring too is yet to come in the mail.
I use ventilation system, don’t know the size but it’s big.
I have an ac and a humidifier. Don’t have a dehumidifier.
I have C02.

I would recommend investing in a digital PH/TDS meter. Apera makes a decent unit. You will need calibration/storage solution as well.

Technically not organic FYI. Should contain C and Mg so no cal mag really necessary.

Likely this won’t be enough light to flower plant well. I would like to see double the wattage for bigger plants and dense flower.

Don’t bother with CO2. If it isn’t a sealed room with insane light levels and fed from a high pressure bottle, you won’t derive any benefit from it.

Frankly plants look fine right now.

6 Likes

Thank you for your feedback ! I’ll definitely take that into consideration. Glad they look well over all. It’s my very first time growing so I worry I might kill them lol. Thanks I’ll post if anything else happens !

until you get a tds meter, I wouldn’t feed anymore. FF has nutes to last up to 6 weeks. The girls look good.
Welcome to the neighborhood.

3 Likes

What isn’t organic in it?
It’s advertised as organic :thinking:

So no nutrients until I get one ? Yeah I was looking into those last night. Pretty pricey! But I can see it’s def worth it considering how often I will use it. And thank you ! I’m so excited for my plants :face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

It’s good stuff; don’t get me wrong but not advertised as organic.

Right off of the Fox Farms website:

HAPPY FROG® POTTING SOIL

In the Spirit of the Humboldt Nation™

Your potted plants deserve the best. Their roots can’t seek out nutrition in the ground, so you have to bring it to them. That’s why Happy Frog® Potting Soil is amended with soil microbes that can help improve root efficiency and encourage nutrient uptake.

Between the earthworm castings, bat guano, and aged forest products, your container plants have never felt so good.

Garden tip: Happy Frog® Potting Soil is designed for container planting. Whether you’re growing a ficus in the dining room, a geranium on the patio, or a lemon tree on the deck, use our Potting Soil in your containers. For additional nutrition, blend in our Happy Frog® Fruit & Flower Fertilizer. Then sit back and enjoy the results.

Embrace the Vitality of Happy Frog!

2 Likes

Hmm idk why I thought it was organic :sweat_smile: but you right it doesn’t say organic on the bag. Although it says it’s “hand crafted” so maybe that’s why I thought that lol.

@MaryJane6 Also pH 6.0 is not a good thing in soil. FF soil is 6.5 pH and this is the sweet spot. You can grow with 6.0 pH but it will probably not produce as good as she could if going in at 6.5 pH.

Something to think about. Also FF soil is good till around the 6th week above ground. This depends on the plant size. Bigger the plant, the faster it depletes the nutrients. Smaller the plant, the longer you can grow in the soil and not necessarily deplete it.

FFOF supposed to be organic but I don’t believe the claim…

According to US standards only one ingredient has to be Organic and then the product is considered Organic. Well that is a load of bs in my eyes. I don’t think this has been changed.

And I use FF products exclusively.

@MrPeat Okay. Yeah I am in the process of getting those ph/tds testers so I know where I am exactly. I’m measuring it super old school rn. I have the manual tester where you drop the testing liquid in and base it off of the color. The tester shows yellow is where you want to be. So if I see yellow I call it good :joy:. Also what’s the main difference between the FFOF and happy frog ?

1 Like

@MaryJane6 FFOF soil is “hot.” What this means its loaded with nutrients. FFHF is still hot but its a lot more friendlier to seedlings than FFOF is.

So here is what I do. I use 15 gallon fabric pots. I filled it up with FFOF and top dress it with about a 4” layer of FFHF over it. Works perfectly. And your plants will thank you for it. That extra buffer layer is something I learned from another grower years ago on here.

2 Likes

@MrPeat nice, must be some dank !

1 Like

Some of my handy work.

I can reach over 7 feet and that plant was cut in half. Otherwise it would be on the floor. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Wow ! Those are some big plants ! My goal is to be able to grow something that big :muscle: what’s strain is that ? Or are they different ?

Top two photos is Purps #1.

Big plants…the front left was Peach Puree CBD. The other 3 was Blue Dream.

The one I am holding is Peach Puree CBD and she was 8 feet tall and her main cola was the size of a volleyball.

Now the big nug was Girl Scout Cookies if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Wow that’s one hell of a nug, do you remember how much it weighed ? I think blue dream is the next plant I’d like to grow. But that’s so cool ! Definitely some beautiful plants

1 Like

It was like 3 to 4 oz dried, cured and no stems. It was the bottom of the main cola which was 22” long.

Blue Dream you have to stay on top of as she can blow past 8’ indoors with good nutrients, water and lights like I have. HLG 260xl rspec. Its two panels so I can adjust either side if needed.

Wow ! My goodness ! Must be nice :rofl: yeah I need to invest in some good lights. Trying to get new ones them before they reach the flowing stage.