Yellow spots, burnt tips and strange missing spots

• Super Skunk
  • Method: Soil.
  • Vessels: Pots (Fabric)
  • PH of Water, Solution; It looks like 7 to 8.
  • PPM/TDS or EC: Seaweed and 2 tea spoons of blooming fertilizer every 4 days.
  • Indoor
  • Light system 1000 watts (40 cm away from plant)
  • Temps; Day 80, Night 73
  • Humidity; Day 48%, Night 58%
  • Ventilation system; Yes, 4 inches
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, N/A
  • Co2; No

Hello everyone and please help! My plants have yellow spots all over some leaves. Also some seem to have burnt tips at the top of the leaves! Could it be the PH because it is not acidic? Also I think I water these plants under the shower a coupleof time… the chlorine? How could I fix it please? Thank you everyone!

20191022_083348|666x500

You want to water with a pH of 6.2-6.8 for soil. The sweet spot obviously is 6.5. pH of 7-8 is far too high.
Chlorine is bad. Filling a container with water and bubbling, or letting stand open for 24-48 hours will allow the chlorine to dissipate.

Do not spray water on the plant, especially the buds. At this point you should be watering/feeding just the soil.

2 Likes

@Drinkslinger thank you so much! I am going to put some water on a bucket and let it sit overnight with bubbles from my fish tank! I hope I can get that Ph just to be 6.5 with the orange solution or vinegar! I hope I do this right!

A few drops of fresh lemon juice will bring it down too. How are you testing pH?

1 Like

I just used the solution and got it down to 6! I hope that is not too harmful. Next time I will put half the solution!

Do you measure the pH of your runoff after feeding or watering?

1 Like

No! I haven’t tried that yet!!! I cannot wait for these plants to be ready! Laugh and uncontrollable smiles… I dream of that day! I should get an electric one or how do you measure it at home?

I measure my pH with this.
https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI311-Replaceable-2-00-16-00/dp/B01ENFOIQE/ref=asc_df_B01ENFOIQE/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312165785895&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8531497168007509373&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003089&hvtargid=pla-433890583667&psc=1

There are cheaper ones and more expensive ones.

Is that a fresh water tank you’re talking about? I clean my aquarium once a week and do a 10% water change. I use that water for my plants. The fish enjoy the fresh water and the plants enjoy a low ppm drink. It works great.
I second the ph tester @Drinkslinger suggested. It works great.

1 Like

That’s what I used to feed/water my outdoor grows. Wayyyyyy back when.

2 Likes

It’s a good option for me growing in super soil. Don’t need much of a boost just a little. Ppm varies from 250 to 380.

2 Likes

My 10% water change was all the poop/particles that got sucked up when I syphoned through the gravel. It was green, murky, and fishy smelling. I didn’t test ppm back then but the plants thrived.

Now that 55 gal tank is sitting in the basement. Another “hobby” I became bored with.

1 Like

more like a 7 now! I need the electronic one instead! This one is too hard to see

My son got me back into it. He really wanted a fish tank. I had some gold fish years back and like you said I got bored with it and moved on. It’s been fun getting back into it and makes for great bonding time with my son.

I don’t syphone the gravel but maybe once a month. I have plants in the tank using it to grow. Water change only most of the time.

2 Likes

I don’t have an aquarium! Hahaha I have an aquarium pump to oxygenate the water but I am not sure how “beneficial” that can be

1 Like

I started testing ph the same way. It works but not nearly as easy as a digital one. The cheap ones on amazon work good for a couple of grows

1 Like

If you want to continue to cultivate cannabis, invest in a decent pH meter. Trust me, they’re necessary and invaluable.

3 Likes