I’m just into my first grow, and 2 of my plants have yellow spots. One is really bad, and the other just has a few around the bottom on a few leaves.
I’m using FF Ocean Floor and I haven’t added any feeding to them.
I just raised the lights to about 3 ft above the plants this morning.
I think I have to add another fan (which I will do tonight). The temp is about 73 and humidity is about 74.
Any advice you can give would be very much appreciated.
Hard to tell with those burple light. Can you take a pic in natural light or with a flash. Could be a calcium or magnesium deficiency. Are you adding Cal-Mag to your watering?
No I haven’t added anything at all to the watering. Should I be doing that? How do I know how much to use and what is the best kind to get?
Yes you should be adding it to your water only days. I use FF Cal-Mag 5ml to a gal of water PHd to 6.5. I’m just guessing from that last pic. Can you post a pic in natural light or with a flash. @zee @kellydans @Myfriendis410 can you gentlemen help.
While you’re at it why don’t you fill that out? I’m particularly interested in age of plant, and what meters you are using to maintain PH and do you have a TDS meter?
COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)
- What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
- Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
- Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
- PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
- PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
- Indoor or Outdoor
- Light system
- Temps; Day, Night
- Humidity; Day, Night
- Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
- AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
- Co2; Yes, No
Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner
It’s a 5 x 5 tent; the seeds went straight from the papertowel to the pots on July 12.[
quote=“Myfriendis410, post:5, topic:51548”]
- What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed: one is from this site - White Widow Auto; 3 from Seed Supreme (Red Dragon, Skywalker and Triangle Kush; 1 Pacific Seeds - Lowryder Auto
- Method: - soil is FF Ocean Forest
- Vessels:: 5 gallon grow bags
- PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) around 6.5
- PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: not applicable
- Indoor or Outdoor: indoor
- Light system - one 1200w LED and one 1500w LED
- Temps; Day, Night: it’s around 70 F
- Humidity; Day, Night : it’s around 72-74
- Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: 6 inch
- AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, - I have a heater and a fan going at the moment. I do have humidifier and dehumidifier but haven’t used them yet. I just got 2 more fans to put in.
- Co2; yes
I have been so scared of overwatering today I look like I’ve drastically underwatered.
Oh the Lowryder is 2 weeks behind !
My bad just saw the 5 gal above. Half way filled will put you alot less than 5 gal. But running autos you might squeeze by to the end. Like mentioned, id use some cal mag. Ph going in at 6.5? And about how many days go by between watering?
5 gallon grow bags
The Red Dragon plant was looking much more vibrant and normal yesterday. They were extremely dry this morning - but I was so worried about those yellow spots being from overwatering I didn’t water them for 2 days
also how close was the light before you moved them up to 3ft
I noticed the concern for the 2 days watering. By any chance was you watering every day?
I usually go 2-3 days between watering. You want to make sure that it has enough time to absorb the mositure in the bottom of the bag. Root rot will form from “over watering”. Doesn’t mean you are over watering by giving it too much water at one time(1/2 gal - 5 gal). Just means you are not allowing enough time for the bottom to dry. Its sitting in water and you add more before it had a chance to breathe. Stick a finger in the soil down to the knuckle… if its still wet at your finger tip… wait another day. But those lil ladies don’t look like they would need no more than 1/4 gal. Id trim the damaged fan leafs off the bottom. Damaged leafs will not go back to the healthy look. Watch new growth for symptoms. FFOF has enough nutrients in it to provide your plant with what it needs for the first 4-6 weeks. After that time has ran its course, you will need to add nutrients. Cal-mag can be used sooner as stated above.
No we were watering every other day. But I read somewhere that overwatering can cause the yellow spots. They are only on 2 plants.
I have the pots sitting on top of cake drying racks in the pans so the bags don’t sit in water. I’ll put at least one of the other fans in there today.
Do you think the humidity is too high at 72-74?
This is really helpful!
I may not have been giving them enough water when I watered them?
Do you know roughly how much you used?
No - but probably not enough. A bit of a splash I’d say.