Yellow seedling

Dont be a quitter… i wanna see if the new growth (if it ever comes) is yellow too…

1 Like

Ditto, I’d have dropped a new seed as well, but morbid curiosity would make me let this one play out just to see what comes of it.

1 Like

That’s enough motivation for me haha

But it looks as if she’s giving up…

Yea… she’s looks 2 days from giving up the ghost… if u do end the sad experiment, see if she had any taproot before it shrivels

She gone…

RIP to the little fella with the leaves colored yella

2 Likes

I didn’t see much of a taproot when I pulled her. The stem circled around a bit and had a few small roots coming off it. Even the stem was starting to shrivel too.

But her counterpart is growing nicely! And I’ve got these other 4 Blue Dream Autos that should be coming up by tomorrow.

1 Like

Luckily, these are not the only plants I have growing for me.

Ayahuasca Purple
She’s about 60 days old.

OG Kush
She’s about 52 days old.

This one I’ve been calling Skunk, due to her smell of the bud she came from, but she’s an unknown bagseed. Same age as the OG Kush but she’s had a slow and rough start to life.

I might need to start a journal lol

1 Like

Alright, so I have no idea what’s going on with these seeds. I made sure the medium wasn’t too moist and added domes to them this time and still all 4 seeds failed after sending out a taproot. This makes 9 out of 13 seeds to do this…

@MattyBear @dbrn32 @PurpNGold74 Do you guys think I’m still doing something wrong or could it be the seeds?

Not sure. Walk us thru the process again. Step by step. Also how are u storing them?

@PurpNGold74 The first time I soaked 3 seeds in distilled water for a few hours, then moved them to a paper towel. When they popped a taproot I planted them in my organic soil. I didn’t water them after planting but these started off in soil that was too wet. Last time, again, soaked seeds in water, moved to a paper towel, then planted them when they had a taproot. 4 seeds this time. This time I planted them in straight vermiculite that I had barely moistened and placed a dome over them. Again, same results. The ends of the taproot are turning brown and dying off and the seeds do nothing.
But out of the first 6 I planted, before the first 3 that failed, 4 of them germinated and 3 of them are, currently, growing nicely. The 4th was the yellow seedling.

And I store them in a glass jar, but I’ve only had the seeds for maybe 2 weeks.

I would get an inert medium to start them in like coco because it’s really hard to overwater coco

2 Likes

I think Matty is onto something maybe. If you had a bunch of seeds that failed to germinate i would expect maybe they are the issue. But once they pop dying off is usually an issue with something else.

Are you transferring from paper towel with sterile tweezers or similar type of method?

2 Likes

So, it turns out the microbes I was adding at planting time was the issue. I forgot I had added this to the previous batches of seeds. Didn’t add it to the most recent 3 I started and today, 1 popped above the soil, and a 2nd one is working on doing the same!
I’ve used these microbes before and had great results, but lesson learned to not use them directly on seeds lol
Thank you everyone for your suggestions! @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @MattyBear @Mr_Wormwood

3 Likes