Yellow Plant What's up with this?

Here is are 2 pics of different plants, seeds dropped at the same time. all plants in this grow cycle are receiving the same watering, Conditions for all plants are exactly the same. My question for this particular plant is what’s up with this.

Here is one of it’s sisters: looks completely normal;

Both of these plants are 18 days today since popping their head’s above coco. Except for the yellow, that plant looks otherwise as healthy as the proverbial horse.

3 Likes

That first plant I suspect is starving for Nitrogen
A plant will turn that color without enough …

Maybe wait for some others but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it

Every plant will have different needs same strain and genetics do not matter each plant is an individual

1 Like

Is that plant more centered under the light cause it could be light bleaching if it’s under something like a t5 that’s very high intensity but low ppfd

nitrogen starvation was my thought’s on it also. It came out of the coco that way, has stayed that way and you see how it has grown in just 18 days. the other plants are all a beautiful rich green. same nutrient feed out of the same bucket for all of them. i’m mixing a gallon at a time.

they are all centered under both halves of the same light and running about 45 DLI to all 6 of them.

this grow is getting jacks 321 mixed the way they recommend. along with silica and fishsh!t

Just checked DLI again and I am actually running roughly 39.5 DLI on an 18/6 schedule.

Looks hungry to me also. You can have a bunch of plants of the same strain and have a bunch of different phenos. I’m not up to snuff with the coco yet but I would try go give that 1 some more nutes and see what happens.

Btw, they look more than ready for transplant

1 Like

Guess I will try upping that ones nutrient level just a bit. I’m already giving it roughly 2.4 ec on the tds meter per jacks. transplanting may well be in it’s future today.

1 Like

I’m assuming your ph is in the ballpark as well…?

yessir. ph is running about 6.0-6.1 going in

1 Like

As soon as I typed that I thought about the other plants lookin nice and green

I’m not up to snuff on coco but I thought it should Ben more like 5.3-5.8 ph?

there are too many things to see on this stuff. some say in coco a range of 5.5-6.5, others say around 6.0, and others say 5.5-6.0. I don’t know. I’ve been ph’ing to around 6.0 and letting it go.

Other than color it looks great! Could well be a genetic mutation. A type of variegation maybe. A whole new strain.

1 Like

LOL! If it makes it till harvest maybe it will be a hole new different kind of high. Just being a smartass but it does look weird. It certainly doesn’t appear to be hurting for anything. It’s also outgrowing it’s other sisters. I think I am going to let it go as is and see what happens. I thought maybe someone had seen this before.

If all things are equal, I’d chalk it up to genetics. If the plant is root locked, that may explain the difference, but that is very young for that to be the case. Keep an eye on it (like you’re not planning on that) after you transplant.

2 Likes

plant is definitely not root bound. I am going to be transplanting tonite or in the morning. It just wants to be a yellow plant i guess. :man_shrugging: