Yellow orange paper grid

Hello everybody just a quick question I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube videos and see a lot of people growing with the strips of yellow or orange grid paper on top of the soil can anyone explain to me what those are

1 Like

I believe that they think it is because, it will deter gnats. Personally, it never worked for me

2 Likes

They are sticky traps. Fungus gnats are attracted to them and get stuck (the adults anyway).

2 Likes

I think not positive but they aren’t really used to alleviate a pest problem but trap them few here few there so you can identify if you have a threat

Catching gnats on the traps aren’t knocking out the problem, correct. But it is stopping the horny bastards from breeding. The problem lies in their children in the soil. Less parents, less babies

@BobbyDigital you ever use Flying Skull Nukem? I used it early veg fed and foliar treated and I haven’t seen any kind of bug knat nothing so either it works or I got lucky lol

I haven’t. I have run across gnats due to an old bag of ocean forest but that’s as far as my bug drama has gotten to this point. I’m not a fan of insecticides. We have a pretty large cancer population now, a lot in part of insecticides.

Interesting. I can see how citric acid might change the pH to a level so low wpm doesn’t like it. The other stuff :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I dunno seen it bought it tried ain’t got no bugs and girls are doin good lol

2 Likes