Yellow mold looking in soil

Hi guys,

I’m trying to find out de if this is mold and if I should worry about.

It’s a bit yellowish little balls and it looks like it has something similar to a cobweb around the balls

I’m using coco coir with 30% perlite

Hope the image is clear enough

I see yellowing perlite, which is normal, and some kinda growth, which could be good or bad.

You’re using coir and perlite. What exactly is in your nutrient solution?

Mold. A light stray of hydrogen peroxide will get rid of it.

It’s generally not a good idea to put peroxide in your soil, but I don’t think you have much choice.

It probably developed due to excess water on the surface of your soil. It’s best to let your soil dry out before watering each time. Cannabis likes wet and dry cycles.

I’m using GP3 by Green Planet Nutrients

I’ll try some peroxide. Should I just do a solution with water or put it straight in the soil?

I would mix 25% peroxide, 75% water and use a fine spray. It won’t take much to kill it.

1 Like

I’m unfamiliar with that line. But that’s it? Are you keeping it in a reservoir? I take it, based on other responses, you aren’t adding H2O2.

Using pharmacy-grade peroxide isn’t the solution long-term. If you want a sterile reservoir, you add 3ml/gal of food-grade H2O2 to your reservoir.

Another option is Botanicare Hydroguard, or a similar bacillus product, if you don’t want to go the sterile route. I’m not sure what you’re dealing with, so I can’t promise that a bacillus variety will tackle your growth. But it can’t hurt.

H2O2 and bacillus aren’t compatible. You need to go sterile or biological, but not both.

1 Like

I got some fungicide today and just watered my plant. Let’s see how it goes. It’s organic so I’m hoping it won’t do much harm

Organic doesn’t mean safe to apply to cannabis which will then be smoked. I gave you all the info you needed about how to treat this.