Yellow leaves, what to do?

A question from a fellow grower:

Please, tell me what is wrong with these plants and How to Correct the situation and Save them!! The two with the major issues are 10 weeks old…{Auto Amnesia Haze}, supposed budding time/harvest? time 8 weeks. They are golden on edges and some whole leaves, as included pictures speak for their condition, better than I.

1 Like

How much are u feeding them? They look hungry but depending on how much time left to bud. Other wise if almst finished they r fine. They eat the nutrients from the leaves as they finish off budding. Espec when u start flushing before harvest

I’m actually not feeding them anything. They are in MiracleGrow potting soil, have a bag of Exhale Homegrown CO2 hanging above them and two 1,000 w LED lights overhead, along with a fan to help circulate the inbound air and a carbon filter with the exhaust fan. I give them 32oz. of water every two to three days and spray mist the leaves every day.

1 Like

There is your problem

2 Likes

I’m in hydro, but I’m sure @garrigan62 has an answer

1 Like

When plants are in flower they eat nutrients from the large sugar leaves from the lower part of plant and work their way up this is normal. EXTREME caution should be used ( I wouldn’t ) if you try to use any nutrients. Miracle Gro has time released nutrients in it and you can burn your plant if adding more nutrients

First problem is the miracle grow. Every time you water it releases fertilizer, it sounds good, but it doesn’t work for cannabis. Sometimes cannabis needs just one nutrient like potassium and not the others. Sometimes it has too much of one. Miracle grow just blanket feeds them all. Don’t feel bad. Many of us have made the same mistake.

You don’t need to mist them when they’re flowering. I’d avoid it.

When you water cannabis you’ll want to completely flood the soil. I water, slowly, until I get 10-20% runoff out the bottom. It takes me close to 2 gallons of water/nutes for a 7 gal cloth pot. Test the runoff for pH and ppm (do you have pH & ppm results), then discard. Do not water again until the plant is completely dry. This can be 4-7 days depending on various things like temp, humidity, plant size. Keep lifting the pot. It’ll be really light when it’s dry.

The co2 at this point is a waste.

The plant in the first pic looks hungry. But adding nutes is dangerous in mg soil. I also see some purpling of the leaves nearest the intake vent. What temps are in your tent, and how cool is the air coming in?

The plant in pic #3 and the last one has some nute burn. Once again, the mg soil.

At this point I don’t see much advice to give other than use good watering practices, keep an eye on temps/humidity, and just ride it out. You can try a MAJOR flush of plant pH’d water (like 5x the pot size) a week before harvest, but I doubt that’ll flush all the fertilizer out.

1 Like