Yellow Leaves on New Indoor Grow

Awwwww… gotcha! Right on!

1 Like

Checked the TDS of my run off and it ranges between 650-700

Just to chime in on last post your ppm should be much higher, not to familiar with your nutes lines but your ppm should be higher considering it look likes you are about to go into flower. As an example I would feed nutes on Sunday, and yes you feed all at one time, mix it up then ph properly, then on Tuesday Wednesday I would use plain water, ph correctly of course, then Friday Saturday would feed some time of tea brew or Black strap molasses, then go back and feed nutes, I use the pick up weight test, when your pots feel light water, if not wait another day

In you pic front right plant maybe to much Nitrogen, other 3 look hungry, mixture of need nitrogen and cal-mag of just strait magnesium,(epsom salt)

Thanks for the input!

These plants are only 4 weeks old tomorrow. Can’t believe they are beginning to enter the flower stage. How do I raise the TDS to an appropriate level?

I appreciate you outlining a possible feeding schedule. Something so haven’t seen clearly spelled out- what should I target my ph for after nutes have been added? I know I’m looking for 6.3-6.8…. Is that the final target for the soil, or just the water/nutes I’m adding? Also, I have some hydro Ph up/down coming from Amazon, but Ive also seen recommendations for lemon for decreases or baking soda for increase. What do you use?

I think after reading all that you’re right on target with needing the cal-mag.

Ok so yes there are house hold thing like vinegar and lime juice baking soda, or baking power not fure sure which one you can use to adjust ph levels I use pretty much what you have ordered. General ph up and down. I know all nutes run different but 6.2-6.8 ph level should always be the numbers you are going for. On ppm using your TDS meter the nutes you are using should have a guide line on what numbers you should be aiming for. On cal mag I use 5ml per gallon. I would feed that when I would feed nutes. I use ff nutes with Harry’s Fish Sh**, it’s an organic and normally brings down the ph down, I add that last then ph accordingly to get close to 6.5 is what I shoot for. I will you tag you in my grow journal IT ALOT, but feel free to skim through, I have all my numbers I used and even run off number. Feel free to keep tagging and ask questions only way to learn, hope this help

2 Likes

Excellent, that all makes sense. Much appreciated, I’ll check out your feed!

Have a Great week!

Should only use if in a pinch. They work but are not stable or reliable. Best to use products designed for this.

1 Like

Thank you!

I found the TDS targets, still curious how to adjust this? Do I use more or less nutes?

More =higher PPM add til you get to desired level.

1 Like

Got it! Thank you :+1::+1:

Hi there #1HappyPappy, I know you mentioned that you use GH exclusively. Have you ever had your nutes look like they are precipitating out on you? I’m very careful to add brown, then green, then pink, rinsing my measuring beaker and mixing the solution between each nute. After I add the nutes, I’m adding less than an 8th tsp of pure yucca (wetting agent), then adjusting for ph. I always have a ph around 5.3 before I begin adding Ph up, and had to add about 40ml to get the ph to 6.98 (trying to bring my soil ph up a bit. The first pic shows what the water looked like after about 10 mins of standing, then I mixed with a spoon again and the second pic is what it looked like…. Much better again.

Thoughts?

1 Like

So never had anything like that.
I’m no chemist but my first assumption would be so kinda reaction happened…
Did ppm change much or any?
If it looks OK now maybe it’s ok but idk :neutral_face:

Hmmm, yes I agree- something, just not sure what. No significant change in TDS. Maybe I’ll check on the yucca to see if that can have this effect.

Thank you!

1 Like