Yellow leaves mid plant turning brown

I am at 8 weeks in 5 gallon cloth pots with Fox Farms Ocean forest soil. I have 4 autos flowering and it was suggested to start feeding. Plants were beautiful and perfect as you’ll see in some of my photos. . A few days later I had some brown rusty spots appear randomly mid plant down then leaves yellowing. Temp 74/ humidity 42 LED on 300 w /Ph 6.5 / no insects. i have since been told too many nutes so I flushed until 1-2 inches ran out. Have heat up to 78 now. Help!

[Uploading: 79A459B8-E68D-4FE7-8F5B-

Summary

This text will be hidden

624114C94C81.jpeg…]()
Uploading: E865AE45-DC7F-40BA-A7BC-D594D732C0A0.jpeg…
Processing: DB2E58D9-22EA-44EE-960B-2C525F0C35A5.jpeg…

This is odd. @BobbyDigital I think was just around. I’ll tag others too. @Nicky @PurpNGold74 @Deez @Docnraq @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! Off to a great start!
Here is a link to a great tool for diagnosing nute issues (good for now and future)

Here is a YouTube vid that covers this also. (can never have too many sources on hand)

I don’t have an answer to what happened. A little more info will help others help you though….
Let’s start with your nutes, what system are you using (I.e fox farm, jacks 321)
This was your first time feeding?
(Dunno how new you are so forgive me if I just assume your are fresh out the gate)
It’s important to mix nutes in a specific order, can you tell me what order you mixed in and the quantities of each?
Did the problem first show, at the bottom, in the middle, or on the top of your plant?
You said PH of 6.5. Was that the PH of the nutrient solution, the ph of your soil, or the ph of the runoff water?
You mentioned you flushed to two inches? I think you mean that you poured water until two inches of it collected in your drip catcher. If that’s the case you prolly didn’t change much as far as washing nutes out. To flush you will need to use at least 3x’s the volume of your pot, and the flush water will need to be ph stable at 6.8. (by stable I mean having enough ppm dissolved solids to hold ph. (150-200ppm)
What kind of water are you using to water your plant?
Some one will help you, it may take a few hours but you will see help. Your Plant is not going to die tonight, so don’t be hasty, let the assistance come in. @Budz tagged some of the best and you are in the right place.
Good luck 2 u growmie.

3 Likes

Man. I’m slipping. Ticket! Lol. Please fill out a ticket.
COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

The main reason it’s odd is it looks like it’s nitrogen and phosphorus deficient. Which unless it’s locked out that’s unlikely in your soil with your watering habits. Based on your idea of flush. Could be built up salts causing lock outs. If they don’t show improvement by tomorrow run 15 gallons through then two proper pH 50% nutrient gallon through. Should fix your issue regardless. Since this will wash away all salts and give you a reset. Almost all nutrient lines have you pushing your plants to the limit. So 50% is a good recovery spot. In my soil grows I never feed 100% technically.

4 Likes

I agree looks like lockout. I’m gonna guess that ph reading is water in not runoff or soil slurry. Also gonna guess this is FF or other salt based nutes to get it this jacked up.

Ticket please!

We wanna know what you’re feeding and at what concentration. Also are you ph’ing the water after you add nutes? (You should be)

2 Likes

Get a bit of distilled water and YouTube how to do a soil slurry sample.
Whats the tds and the PH?
That will tell us if it’s lockout either way and we can go from there.

2 Likes

Love u stoners!

My thoughts as well but we are #TeamSupportTicket round here lol.

I really appreciate everyone’s comments, I won’t be able to post all the details until tonite, but to let you all know, I believe it was lockout as well. I had run 2 gallons of Ph 6.5 water thru each 5 gallon pot yesterday afternoon, last night I tested the water in each drip pan and the plant with no yellow leaves was 6.3. The worst plant was 7.4, other 3 were 6.8-6.9. I emptied the pans, clipped off about 40 bad leaves. This morning I couldn’t believe it, no more bad leaves and 3 that are flowering literally grew 4-6 inches and one had doubled the number of flowers! Honestly this is my first real grow so I have a lot to experience and learn - glad I found you all.

3 Likes

I see. Retracted.

Apologies Budz, what I typed didn’t post right. I’ll redo it later when I have time. BTW, what would you suggest for nitrogen and phosphorous? I have TechnaFlora recipe for Success but had only fed once and followed recipe in order and Ph’d afterwards before applying. It was for the flower recipe. I am in a 4’x4’ indoor grow tent, 4” ventilation fan and filter, fabric pots with Fix Farm Ocean Forest soil. Z

1 Like

I use fertilizers tested by the community or made by the store. I use Bergman’s in my soil and jacks 321 in my coco. I chose these two because they take out all the guesswork. Bergman’s is more user friendly, but excessively more expensive in comparison to jacks. Jacks is as close to growing for free one will get. Less than $300 and you’ll have nutes for a decade. Bergman’s $50 gets a season or two. You gotta do a lot checking and measuring with jacks. With Bergman’s it’s only one measurement and dissolves instantly. I’d you use ro/di water. And measure your Bergman’s correctly. It also won’t need pH adjustment. It’ll be between. 5.5-6 as is. Bergman’s complete is as complete as a fert system goes.

I’d still recommend attempting to fill out the tixket. I even took extra time to add " : " so it’s less confusing to read.

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto) :
-Age of plant/what week of flower :
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF :
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
:
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable):
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable :
-Method used to measure PH and TDS :
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space :
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other :
-Actual wattage draw of lights :
-Current Light Schedule:
-Temps; Day, Night :
-Humidity; Day, Night :
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size :
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier :
-Co2; Yes, No :

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other? :
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC) :
-Temperature of reservoir :
-TDS of nutrient solution :
-Amount of air to solution :

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks

Just make sure to hit space before answering. Otherwise you’ll make a smiley