Yellow leaves diagnostic

Hello, first time grower, I’m having a some trouble with the yellow leaves, it started last week, the yellow leaves started from the bottom to the upper leaves, here is my set up, please help.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed: Dont know
  • Method: Soil is lechuza pon, with the following components, **
    ** Zeolite

German washed pumice
    ** German, light Lava (permanently supplies your plant with iron)**
    ** Fully-coated, premium-quality fertilizer.**
    ** The coating is purely organize and breaks down without leaving any residue.**
    ** The fertilizer supplies your plant with nutrients for up to 6 months.**
    ** Fit for all plants, including foliage, flowering plants like orchids, citrus plants, herbs, tomatoes, fruit trees, cacti, and more.**
  • Vessels: Self watering pot
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

The PH was very high 7.07, added one tblspn of vinager and it lowered the PH to 6.22

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: Haven’t applied any nutrient solution yet
  • Indoor tent
  • Light system:
    1000 Watts cob lens with full spectrum
  • Temps; Day 26 celsius Night 20 celsius
  • Humidity; Day 77% Night % 50
  • Ventilation system; Yes, an HVAC 4" fan 15 watt ; two clip fans to ventilate the cannabis and create a low stress environment (the leaves only feel a little breeze)
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: None
  • Co2; No

Ph needs to go down even farther to 5.8, as this is considered soilless. Also would recommend transplanting into coco, or any other medium.
@Deepsix @Oldguy

2 Likes

Thank you @Covertgrower will do, I’ll check back en a few days to show results, have a nice day

1 Like

This also may be part of the issue too.
Pre ferted soil usually has too much and in the wrong concentration for cannabis.
:v:

I’ve purchased a PH tester for soil, already transplanted 2 plants to a neutral PH soil to see if it solves the problem, one of the transplanted plants was growing its roots very well so I’m leaving the remaining cannabis with that substrate to see how it behaves, thank you for the comment :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hey @Oldguy @Covertgrower its been almost a week since i planted them in the pre ferted soil but it appears that the plant didnt like the change, I believe it died or is almost about to die but the 3 remaining cannabis that are in the lechuza pon are thriving, the problem i face now is the humidity, it was in 60%-70% but now is up till 85%, already open 2 mesh nets that the tent has with the small fans to create a little breeze the 24 hours.

This may have been the cause of death.

2 Likes

Probably, right now I’m focusing on the other 3 that look healthier, any suggestion for a dehumidifier to solve the problem of excess humidity?

Right now you want the humidity that high.

1 Like

Hey @Covertgrower thank you for the advice, I wanted to show you the results that I’m pretty happy about, they have grown quite a bit since the last time posted, they have quite a bit, one them has started to get yellow tips, I think is because of to much light,(already got a little further from the light to see any changes) what do you think? @Oldguy

2 Likes

They look pretty good. I would consider watering a bit more possibly.

1 Like

The plants are in a self watering pot, the roots have grown larger aswell, they almost reach the bottom were there’s only water so i willl be monitoring the PH levels frequently to avoid further damage. Also I’d been applying about 100ml for the 3 cannabis with an organic algae fertilizer via foliate twice a week.

Hey! @Covertgrower, its been a while since my last post, I’ve been working really hard trying to maintain the plants in good shape, about 3 weeks ago algae started developing on the roots, since the pots are kind of a hydroponic system, so everytime the algae starts to appear i flush them with water, last week i started to add 5 drops of concentrated grapefruit since the algae doesnt like it, the PH is between 5.00 to 5.40 but there is one that i think it has a Mg deficiencie because of the yellow tips, any advice for that?

Epsom salt is a good magnesium source. I feed mine 1.2g per gallon.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip, I’ll keep you posted

1 Like