Yellow leaves at last part of flowering stage

I have so many yellow leaves I wonder if I should harvest early. I can’t afford a ph meter at this point. I’ve read not to buy the cheap ones. I’m about 6 weeks into the flowering stage. Help please!

1 Like

I think it is a normal process of the plant at this stage. She is giving the nutrients to the buds from the lower leaves. You can take off the dead one. I am a newbie, only my thoughts. It is better to wait for an expert feedback.

Can you take closer pics of the buds, specially those big brown spots or areas? And you have had to look for bugs before and treat them before reaching this stage. Many things to learn on this forum.

1 Like

She looks fairly healthy. You got some yellowing leaves which could indicate she is nitrogen starved. Don’t take her yet, I believe that would be a mistake. If you’re interested fill out a support ticket just copy and paste to reply and fill out. If think that you have some problems other than the yellowing leaves take a pic a little closer to problem areas.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

Thanks!

1 Like

Filling out a support ticket will help with specifics.
You look about 5-6 weeks into flower. There’s a tiny bit more yellowing than I’d prefer to see, but she looks overall healthy and should easily make another 2 weeks without much fuss. Don’t go nutty and start adding nitrogen.

Save up and get that pH meter for your next grow

Is this a string of spaghetti or a leaf miner hard at work?

1 Like

Great catch :ok_hand: on the leaf miner.

1 Like

…or spaghetti😁

1 Like

Thank you! Do you have a ph meter you recommend?

I have Apera TDS20, excellent quality. I understand Bluelab has a fairly nice also. Both are a little pricy but worth it.

also check the undersides of the leaves as the leaves have lots of white spots on em. Could be old damage? Might be caterpillars? If so… the buds are the next target.
Overall the plant is N deficient, but thats pretty typical nearing the end stage… so… I think its the lessor evil at this point.
Meant for the OP sorry

2 Likes

Ok now I have a whole new set of questions, I hope you know what you were getting into by responding! I have been growing outside for about a month now. I don’t see any visible bugs on the leaves. I had been spraying them with neem oil every other day. But I have seen a couple of the leaf miner traces(spaghetti). Is the been oil not strong enough? I really thought once I reached this point I’d be home free, but I’m learning that’s never the truth when your growing weed. I am forever grateful for your help, I got into this extremely naive! Hoping I get something out of all this work or I’ll be heartbroken!!!

Many of us did LOL :laughing: @Drinkslinger has you covered here. I’ve set to watch if if I can help. @Cannabian @Drinkslinger will be better to answer questions about bug elimination.

1 Like

I would caution against excessive neem oil use. You may wish to employ spinosad? If you flip a leaf over with fresh damage and you see a super small green caterpillar, or any worms use BT once a week as a spray with water. Safers soap works pretty good too. Stay away from pyrethrin during flower period! Neem oil tastes absolutely disgusting and is not safe for human consumption so no neem oil on buds period.
In general, if I notice minor bug damage once buds are growing, unless its caterpillars or worms, I usually leave it alone as the plant will usually finish just fine unless its an infestation! As for caterpillars… if I see caterpillars or worms on my plants any time before or during flowering I spray with BT… its harmless and prevents bud rot due to caterpillars eating and pooing in the bud, that will decay and cause rot.

2 Likes

Yes on the first part, but the consumption part is a bit trickier. Ingesting it has been done for centuries. Either way neem on buds is something to avoid. I’m a big fan of neem sprays pre flower. I also use neem meal in my no til grows.

2 Likes

Im saying, that studies ( suggest ) neem oil is dangerous, and that given the choice and its flavour, I would refrain from applying it to my bud. It is effective though during the veg stage. I would still only use it for an infestation of something. I know plenty of guys use it religiously throughout the entire veg cycle.

1 Like

I have both apera meters and I think it’s the apera ph20 you want for ph. The matching tds completes the set for testing ppm.

1 Like

You’re right, should have been ph20 :+1:

Thanks so much!

Thank you I will be getting for next time!

1 Like