Yellow Leaves and plant is light colored green now, on 2 of my plants

Some advice please. Outdoor Grow
In the flower stage on 2 of my 4 plants the lower leaves are bright yellow and are literally falling off, and some of the plant is experiencing light color leaves also, there not dark green like they used to be. I believe I need nitrogen. What’s your advice?. I’m in the flowering stage now. Planted May 18th. I’ll post pics later. But there definitely yellow and falling off on the lower leaves of the plant. It looks like its now moving upward and making my leaves light green instead of dark green.
I haven’t used any nutes in a month or so because I was getting Nute Burn last month.

PS: Just now, I added in some fishbone meal for nitrogen, I firmly believe in what I have read that it could very well be a nitrogen deficiency. I’m using grow bags, so over watering issues aren’t the problem I assume. Besides I check my water levels and they are in the middle between dry and wet

Pictures will help us
Plants will naturally drop lower older leaves and its not a real concern.
Also some are more green than others even from the same batch of seeds.
Once we see the pics we can see if there is a problem.

1 Like

I’ll take some pics in a little.

1 Like

Looks like you’re in transition from veg to flower still and I think you’re right about nitrogen….it probably wouldn’t hurt to give the veg nutes again but I’m a noob to deficiencies still

1 Like

I just added in some Mother Earth Fishbone Meal. Again I haven’t used nutes because I originally had Nute Burn on my plant tips. So I gave this a shot today.

Nute burn on tips is a good sign you’ve got the max amount of food to the plant….changing it is probably what started this problem

2 Likes

I don’t want to overdo it again, so I just used some fishbone meal. See how it goes.

Right right slowly but surely

1 Like

I’m considering kelp meal that I used last month… I have some good kelp meal, I also have unsulphered black strap mollases and organic Brewer’s yeast. Which I also used a month ago. I’m wondering if I should make a gallon of this and utilize it. Or maybe wait.

Hhmm….I’ve read awesome things about both of those….I don’t know at this point since you’re trying to correct an issue that by adding things it won’t compound your problems….I’d say just go easy it seems like you’ve got a plan in mind anyhow…if it gets worse you’ll know you might need to flush it all and just refeed normally

1 Like

Yeah I’ll wait and see, that’s what my intuition is telling me. Thanks for the response.

Yep yep follow that gut :sunglasses::facepunch:t2:

1 Like

I have a lot of flowering going on, in all of my plants. I just checked. Maybe that’s why there freaking out too. Anyhow for now I’m doing some nitrogen nutes. Seems the culprit is lack of nitrogen.

If you have not moved that fabric bag the roots will grow on onto the ground.
Nothing wrong with that , in fact it will improve the nutrient issues as roots will find much more food.
But if that is the case you will need to feed into the ground near the grow bag too.

1 Like

I do move the bags at least 2 times a week.

1 Like

I don’t think I’m overwatering the plants, especially because I have good grow bags, so the water is being dissolved from the bags easily via the air oxygen etc. When I test the moisture with a meter it’s usually medium water.

I grow tomatoes in grow bags outside and just let them root on into the soil.
You should try letting one do that sometime to see how big it gets.
Set it on a piece of cardboard with a hole where the bag sets to help keep the weeds from crowding.

1 Like

Good idea, maybe next year

1 Like

Do you believe it’s a nitrogen issue?