Yellow leaves and brown spots on the leaves

Hi guys I’m back with more issues lol! I have plants with leaves on them that are turning really yellow. They aren’t dying but they are definitely not green! Then in addition to that my other plants are growing these hugeeee brown spots on them and I am having to cut of those leaves when they are turning brown and are to far gone. I suspect that it maybe due to root rot but I am not completely sure and if it is due too root rot how do I fixed the issue before my buds arrive and it becomes a major issue?

I’m def not a pro but I don’t think it’s root rot. That would lead me to believe they are over watered, but judging from the leaves, they are all pointing and reaching up. A sign that they could use a drink. Just from reading (not experience of my own) I believe the rust spots are due to a nitrogen issue? The old timers will be able to advise you better. I do see flowering bud all the time with super yellow leaves, so I don’t know how uncommon that is?

I’m sure this doesn’t really help but thought I could help lead you towards an answer.

PS - In the last pic, I can see your soil. Make sure to keep up cleaning those dead leaves. If they decay, that could attract intruders!

Keep it up though friend. Minus the issues you pointed out, they look good!

2 Likes

What supplements are you using, how often and what TDS & PH?

N and P def is what is happening. Yellowed leaves will not recover.

1 Like

I use Advance Nutrients every other watering along with cal-mag and flower fuel. Each time i water the plats they are between 6.4-6.6 ph. I have not been checking the TDS. Im not really sure on how to check that or what I’m looking for and how to make it fluctuate to the correct numbers we are supposed to be working towards.

What is N and P

1 Like

Nitrogen and Phosphorus

1 Like

I’m sure @Myfriendis410 can help you out with this but to my understanding, you need to get a TDS reader, and check the run off water compared to the water going in to the top. This will give you an idea of how many nutes she’s taking in. I think this is how it works anyway haha.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Yellow and Brown spots on leaves

Looks like a Potassium deficiency. Maybe Calcium and Magnesium deficiency too but the yellowing looks like Potassium.

Edited to add chart:

Cloth pots right? What soil? I use plain ol soil…gets better as recycles. With my cloth pots if i see an out of control nutrient problem i put them on risers and flushem clean. Just me. They will drain super fast suspended. Then i restart feeding from basics. Calmag/molasses a little flower fuel and good ph. I like to remove the totally gone leaves now…rest after i see good leaves respond. If a photo you see huge reveg. Auto not so much. Just what has happened to me. Lockedem out. Nute fried them. Light burned…man a trail of destruction on the way. I had a plant look exactly like that. Saved her butt.

2 Likes