Yellow leafs with the brown spots@8 weeks auto

It helps to keep a journal on every plant. I found wired-on tags are most efficient, I make them from plain white paper sealed in clear doc-u-seal with holes punched for tagging the plant’s container. I use them to identify lineage, start date (flowering), and formula changes to meet the growing need for P and less needed N.
I use permanent marker and recycle the tags by removing the writing with acetone.

If you want stronger magnification stack your jeweler’s loupes together, strong light helps you see better. I use three stacked together when I want to see closer, I see the finest of details.

6 Likes

I tried several loupes to view trichomes including a handheld microscope of sorts. Ironically, the one I like best and use exclusively now was the least expensive one of all at $7. It has a LED light that works a charm and a 30x and 60x lens.

https://www.amazon.com/EnTeck-Illuminated-Magnifier-Microscope-Magnifying/dp/B01JOO2EGK/ref=sr_1_49?crid=2AUPCD4SW2ZQL&keywords=jewelers+loop&qid=1567172572&s=gateway&sprefix=jewelers%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-49

Its worth mentioning that the best place to view trichomes is the calyx where the pistils extend from. Sugar leaves are tempting to view but not the best place to evaluate maturity. Here is a handy chart to show what effects different maturity levels offer: As @imSICKkid mentioned, I like to harvest mine when the trichs are totally cloudy and don’t let them amber much. You’ll get a stray amber trich here and there, but all cloudy is the magic point at least for my preference.

5 Likes

Thank you, i actually have that loupe, came in a 2 pack

1 Like

I tried several and ended up liking that one best. I think you’ll be peased.

1 Like

@tinman, I grew several Northern Lights Autos alongside several White Widow Autos in an outdoor grow this spring/summer. These were planted in the ground and that is difficult to monitor pH runoff.

The NL’s took about 14 weeks total to harvest according to my grow notes. The WW’s were about a week behind, so as you see, these plants take a bit more time than some folks may realize.

I noted the NL’s had a tendency to yellow slightly in mid-grow, so I added some cal-mag along with a bit more lime (top dressed) to bring the pH up a hair. They actually looked a tinge yellow from that point forward, but I did get a decent yield all in all.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Those are making some nice beefy colas brah!

1 Like

Hopefully they just keep getting bigger :star_struck:

1 Like

Yup those are :drooling_face: worthy

3 Likes

This being my first grow, not really sure what iam looking at, are they average, below average, they look good to me.going to feed today thinking about going in half strength

1 Like

First grow? Ur killing it

2 Likes

@Tinman, like @PurpNGold74 said… if this is your 1st grow, you’re killing it so far.

2 Likes

Wow! First grow! Impressive! Home run player! :leaves::clap:t4::microscope::raised_hands:t4::100:

1 Like

Definitely my first, credit goes to the fine folks on this forum for all their wisdom

4 Likes

Just purchased a USB and hand held microscopes, this thread got me to thinking, why am I straining my eyes? Plus I can take screenshots!

A whopping $15.00 bucks!

A whopping $9.00 bucks!

6 Likes

I use a Bausch and Lomb 10X loupe. I tape it over my iphone and increase the mag. of the phone to the max and you can get pictures like this.

6 Likes

As far as the brown spots goes, you can try to flush with a cleaner like florakleen from general hydroponics. You may have a build up on the roots not allowing the plant to take in the needed nutes. I’m having the same problem with my current grow of Bruce Banner. I grow ebb and flow hydro and add all the nutes needed so there shouldn’t by any problems like this. In two and a half years growing this is the only strain I’ve had this problem with. I’ve slowed down the effects by flushing with florakleen every two weeks until harvest. I’m harvesting now and I’m loving the BB. Here’s a sample bud I had to take early.

3 Likes

Ohhh, shiny :cowboy_hat_face:

Woke up this morning to yellow leafs, no more new brown spots, i flushed 2 weeks ago with that gh flush, something is going on , i fed yesterday went in at 6.7 @ 970ppm came out at 6.2 and 1070ppm. Fed fox farm trio

@PurpNGold74 @RockClarke @MT3 @imSICKkid @Gremmall @GreenJewels

1 Like

@Tinman
your high ppm’s would indicate over feeding. If the ppm’s are low when runoff is checked, it means your plants are eating what you feed them.

1 Like