Yellow leafs week 2 of flowering normal?

My lowest set of big fans leaves are turning already and have spots on them. some smaller bottom leafs. And also a higher set of fan leaves are slightly yellow. Is this apart of the normal or am I lacking something. Last watered with fox farm tiger bloom and big buds yesterday. Both half dose.

You don’t appear to be in flower. Got a pic of the whole plant?

1 Like

Leaf tips are turning brown might be lock out.

1 Like

1 Like

If it is lockout How do I fix that before it gets outta hand? They are doing soooo well besides that. I feed them every other watering and they are going 3 days before needing water again.
Been on a 12 to 12 light cycle for 2 weeks now.

Are you feeding the same nutrients as you did before you switched to 12/12?
What are you feeding?
Are you checking the pH of your feed, if so what is it?
What kind of water are you using?

2 Likes

It looks natural to me. All lower older fan leaves… the plant will use them up as it transitions. Unless it’s happening rapidly and spreading I wouldn’t be concerned.

Do you have runoff numbers?

2 Likes

I am new so by run off do you mean me checking the ph after it run thru the soil? If so it is a little closer to 6 and I use well water(as my water here gets checked yearly for anything bad in it) but I do make sure my ph is between 6 and 7 as I was told too. And I check it after putting nutritions in as i know it can change it.
I have been using the fox farm nutritions. (In fox farm Ocean forest soil) Monday was my first day feeding the tiger bloom and some big buds. As it says to feed it the tiger bloom first sight of flowering and big buds on week 2 to 4 of flowering. I also just ordered cal mag because another page is telling me it’s lacking cal.

Is fox farm good enough? I thought it was the best till I joined this page and realize alot of people don’t like using it.

Fox Farms did this for me:

(ignore yellowing, I’m on my final flush using water only)

Are you following their soil feeding schedule?

1 Like

Okay so I’m on the right track kinda lol. I do have this cuz I downloaded the grow Bible But I was not feeding by thiss schedule. I was doing every other watering and I water every 3 days.
Did you use alll these nutritions that are in that schedule?
I only have grow big, Big bloom, tiger bloom( and some big bud.) Should I buy the rest of them? Iv never grown using nutritions so I’m nervous to over due it and ruin everything :upside_down_face:

I started with the trio, then graduated to the full schedule about the same time you are now. But I water roughly every 18 hours. 1/2 gal per plant, wait till pots are light. So my schedule was kinda:

Day 1 morning - Feed
Day 2 evening - Water
Day 3 morning - Water
Day 4 evening - Feed
Repeat until Sledgehammer flush. That was a full gallon per plant, so it took about 36 hours before next feeding. Then start over.

You would be on what they show as week 6. So I’d either just start there, and Sledgehammer flush as shown on the guide, or flush first (if you haven’t yet), and pick up with the schedule.

1 Like

Oh, and since you’re n flower, skip the Flower Kiss Foliar spray.

1 Like

Thank you. That helped alot.

1 Like

Most welcome. We all want the same thing. Bug tasty buds!

1 Like

Some yellowing during flower is normal but you just started flower so it may not be that. Just keep an eye on it, note if it gets worse. If it continues flush they out and wait a few days and resume feeding. Do watch PH though FF drops PH quite a bit.

1 Like

I don’t use those nutes so can’t help much there, looks like newt has you covered.

You could take a soil sample and do a slurry test, but I don’t think I would unless the yellowing spreads. CalMag is usually given any day that isn’t feed.

1 Like

Beautiful ladies there. Happy growing

1 Like

Hello again… Since doing the things you suggested with the flushing and making sure I’m following the feeding schedule it seem to fix it. Now I was wondering I’m on week 6 of flowering now and the last week I am picking up 5 to 10 leaves off three plants that are falling off everyday (posted pics of them) is this normal cuz I’m so far into flowering now or should I cut down on the nutes.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Losing a few leaves is normal and expected, especially the lower leaves, that tend to not get much light. That said, pics of the whole plant would be helpful.

2 Likes