Yellow fan leaves 3rd week of flowering outdoor grow

I’m having yellow leaves problem again in the 3rd week of flowering in my outdoor grow. They are turning yellow rapidly. I read a lot of info on this but they all say it could be this or it could be that. I don’t want to feed them the wrong thing to make it worse. The watering PH is 6.5. I haven’t had to water them much because it has been raining a lot.

Thank You,
Jaxn

1 Like

Ok well I’m a newb but my plant went through a nitrogen deficiency …which means when the plant isn’t getting enough nitrogen it starts stealing it from the bottom up and the plant takes on a much lighter like green coloring …and you said you let the rain water feed them …which is all fine and Good but they may not be getting enough nitrogen …

Hopefully some one with more knowledge answers you …but they overall look a little lime colored and yellowing from the bottom up …

@jaxn

Deleted the first response on accident

Ok well I’m a newb but my plant went through a nitrogen deficiency …which means when the plant isn’t getting enough nitrogen it starts stealing it from the bottom up and the plant takes on a much lighter like green coloring …and you said you let the rain water feed them …which is all fine and Good but they may not be getting enough nitrogen …

Hopefully some one with more knowledge answers you …but they overall look a little lime colored and yellowing from the bottom up …

@grizz thoughts??

Tagging you cause I know you wanna avoid feeding nitrogen during flower

2 Likes

First off nice grow! I have a lady outside who is in preflower. What I have read here is once in flower the plant takes nutrients from its lower leaves for food. Here is my girl and I just top dressed her and fed her some compost tea.

Hopefully she will hang on until October.

1 Like

I trim the yellowing leaves off… the plant is taking from those leaves in order to create buds.

I pull the leaves off to increase air flow, but I’m in the humid mew England area…

Happy gardening

1 Like

That’s normal for this stage of the growth. I would remove the lower fan leaves, it’ll give air the opportunity the blow through and around the lower area. They need good air circulation. She looks awesome by the way :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

They look hungry, I’d feed them some npk.

1 Like

Good grow. They tend to do that when in flower. You can give them some nutes will not hurt. As they are in flower are you giving them some extra P and K to aid in flower stage?

2 Likes

After looking further up the plant I agre with @Dave101 @skipper1 on some additional N and P. During flower they require less nitrogen but increased prosperous. The slightly yellow upper leafs are the sign. The lowers are normal and can be removed so the plants not using energy on those :love_you_gesture:

Thank You everyone. Would Alaska Fertilizer Work. It is 5 1 1. If so should I feed the dosage on the bottle. I water 1 gallon per plant.

1 Like

@jaxn
I think that’s less P and K than you want …

And might be steep on the N …

I’m a noob and off the top of my head I can’t remeber what tiger bloom is but I know it’s not 5 1 1

It’s 2 8 4