Yellow Dots - Should I Worry?

Hi all. I am growing a single Blue Dream girl indoors and recently come across a yellow dot situation happening on many/most leaves. I switched the lights to 12-12 three weeks ago so I have another 5-7 weeks before harvest, I suppose.

Any ideas what this is and what I should do for it? Here’s my support ticket, and pictures included below:

Strain; Blue Dream

How many plants: 1

Age from Sprout and Flower: Clone, estimating about 3 weeks since 12-12 lighting

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: Fox Farms Ocean Forest in 10 Gallon cloth pot

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? about every 2-3 days, depending on feel of soil

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: Runoff n/a, water about 6 to 6.5

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: 2-4-4, General Organics BioThrive Bloom. I don’t know what EC or TDS means. I used it once since flowering

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Light system, size and height from plants: Metal ceramic Halide, 315W. maintained about 1 foot from plants

Temps; Day, Night: 85/60

Humidity; Day, Night: Day = 50%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: Yes - small fan, not too aggressive

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: None

Co2; Yes, No: No .

@WickedAle thanks for responding. I did not dust but I did spray with PyGanic several weeks ago. I use RO water with pH as close to 6 as I can get it - have not checked runoff pH. I don’t monitor PPM. Plant is in Fox Farms Ocean Forest in a 10 gallon cloth pot. She’s large (close to 6ft) and I was concerned that the pot is too small, but didn’t want to change it out since she is 3 weeks into night cycle.

Thanks for the datasheet. I called the manufacturer and the FDA about this before using. Basically, the risks are basically only present when the product is being applied. The active ingredient has a half-life of 2 days under sunlight so not implications for end use post-harvest.

Youngest leaves do not seem to have the spots. Does it look like a mineral deficiency?

Hi @WickedAle, I thought I had already answered all of the questions ↑, did I miss some?

Now she’s about 5.5 weeks since switching the lights to 12-12 and fan leaves are all turning yellow. Pistils are about 40% red, some trichomes are cloudy and several are looking amber, kind of weird because flower time is supposed to be 8-10 weeks for Blue Dream.

My question is, should I do something (what?) about the yellow leaves or just ride it out until the trichomes are mostly cloudy and harvest at that point? Note, in images below, the CFL lamps are secondary to the large CmH above.

give proper nutrient dosage for the flowering time according to schedule :+1:

Your plant is starving, Hence the gradual yellowing of the leaves from the bottom up.

It could be from a lockout, if you’re watering at pH 6-6.5, since you haven’t been testing runoff pH or Ppms. Or it could just be the soil has run out of food for the plant. Ffof is usually good for 2 ish months on its own.

My money is on a lack of nitrogen in your soil. You’re at the point where most cultivators would be backing off the N. You’ve probably got 3.5 weeks to go.

The choices are to do nothing and hope she has enough juice left to finish on her own, or to feed 1 or 2 times with a nute mixture higher in N than just the bloom you’re using. Both risk the quality of the yield.

Thank you for your help. I have been adjusting pH to 6-6.5 but probably the problem is from a lack of nutrients as I am paranoid about flushing in time. However, I found out recently from the store that the organic nutes I am using actually do not require a flush at the end so I guess I could amp up that up a bit as well. What do you think? I’m using BioThrive Bloom 2-4-4

1 Like

The n ratio (the 2 in the 2-4-4), is a bit low for trying to increase nitrogen. BUT, If that’s all you have, then I say go for it. Feed her 2x this week. Test the runoff. Do you have a PPm/tds meter?

After that I’d just let it ride. It’s hard to work miracles at the end of flower.

Thanks again. So feed her 2x this week and that’s all, or should I hit her again next week too? No, I don’t have a meter, but my birthday is coming up and it’s at the top of my list.

Not knowing exactly where your soil is at, I’d recommend just the feedings this week and then on cruise control with properly ph’d water until the end.

She’s going to get ugly by the end, but she’ll finish.