Yellow, curling tips

I’m assuming this is light stress. My shorter plant isn’t having this happen. Light manufacturer( Viper Spectra KS 3000)recommendations for veg is 75% at 24 in. The growing so fast I can barely keep up, lol. Every time I come home from work the tops are like 21-22 inches from light. Any suggestions? Or does anybody think that’s not the issue? Blue cheese, White Widow, Autoflowers. I appreciate it!

3 Likes

I’ve recently done the same lol. Just gotta back’em up right?!?!

4 Likes

Nope doesnt look like light stress.

Looks like N toxicity. The burnt tips and slight clawing. Definitely too much Nitrogen

7 Likes

That’s strange. I don’t use any nutrients. It’s an organic soil recipe.

1 Like

Looks like light stress to me too. Alot of people see the painted nails as too much nitrogen, but in my experience, more yellowish tips is light, slight orange ish tip, is nitrogen. Almost look the same. Light stress has many looks. Remember autos need less ppfd then photos

2 Likes

I was kind of thinking that. My short plant being about 26 in from the light looks fine. It’s a little short, but it looks healthy. And I didn’t know autos required different ppfd.

You do have some clawing tho, which makes you think about nitro as well. Real question is, does the lady have the yellowish tips below top of plant?

2 Likes

Lastly, i love the plastic clothes hanger for tent support against neg pressure. Creative

2 Likes

Yellowing is all on the very top. To lower my ppfd can I raise my lights a little bit or should I turn down the intensity? I don’t like the idea of turning down the intensity, it feels like going in reverse. But my light has settings in 25% increments. Got the hanger trick from some post on here. Lol.
I’m on an 18/ schedule if that helps.

Raise or dim. You need to know how much ppfd your giving them. Get the photone app and set on full spectrum and measure at the top of the plant. If you have android you will be all good. If you got a iphone then unfortunately u need a paper diffuser. I believe its 22# paper spec.

1 Like

Being that they are autoflower type, i would set ppfd to a 450 range

1 Like

I appreciate you!

2 Likes

Once u get to flower switch it up to 800. Good luck bro you got this

3 Likes

Gook lookin holmes.

Ive burned plants with nitrogen and lights. Usually yellow or orange tips, both are nutrient related. Light burn is more whole leaf looks bleached. Kinda fried and its starts at the closest point to the lights.

Turning the lights down equals less photosynthesis. Less photosynthesis means less nutrients needed. Honestly, seeing the tips burnt like that is exactly what I want to see. Seeing the claw is not. Just a tad too much. Id keep the boat straight ahead captain.

5 Likes

Im not saying im right or wrong, but light stress has MANY looks. Here is my example.

3 Likes

That’s really what I’m thinking. As I said earlier, the shorter plant is just fine other than being a little stunted. Pulling the light even further away probably isn’t helping there.
Man I appreciate everybody jumping in with suggestions and advice, this place is dope.
I’m gonna go outside the recommended distance and keep it between maybe 25 and 30 in. I’ll report back later✌️

2 Likes

My light can hurt my plants but it would have to fall on them from the ceiling. Actually it would probably hurt the light worse than the plant. The junk it is.

1 Like

Put your shorter plant on a booster seat then, or lst the bigger gal some more.

1 Like

I agree with the N because her leaves are still praying to the light but just the tips are bent down. No taco, no blistery scar look.

But i really wanted to say something to clear up this :point_down:

You can definitely have too much N or other nutrients in organic soil. I’ve also had all my plants in the same organic soil mix and just one plant decides its too much nitrogen for her. Ya get a picky one occasionally.
Happy growing. They are looking really good, nice work. If ya start a journal, you can keep all your stuff in one spot and its easier for you to go back to for reference and easier for everyone to keep track of what ya got growin on :v::green_heart: if you do start a journal, tag me in please :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes