Y buds so fluffy?

Are you running the tsl2000? If so then it’s the light. I ran two of them in a 4x4 and always ended with fluffy bud. I switched to HLG 260’s and now I end up with rocks as nugs.

3 Likes

I am running that light so trash it …… es180 will that work I put a fce 6500 Mars hydro in my 4x4 will that work this time

Like @dbrn32 said
Im not a fan of soils unless outdoor in the ground and we’ll amended.
79/80f is a great temp anything cooler seems to slow growth, Utah state studied this and I’ve noticed it in my own garden however night Temps can dip a bit.

Mark my most rock solid autos get smashed with lots of light for 20hr a day pushing the DLI up early before stretch and riding it at 60 average until late flower then dropping to 42-45.

Less light is going to hurt not help.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 If you run the Dirty Dozen with Kelp Me, Kelp You, Wholly Mackerel, and skip Flower Kiss its better than you think.

Once you use FF enough, you get the hang of it pretty fast.

Sure Jack’s 321 is a lot easier to use with excellent results compared to the complexity of FF whole line. Again, once you get the hang of it…its cake walk.

She is in her 6th week of flowering.

This is Tora Bora and how she is loving the FF line. I am planning on a FF grow vs Jack’s 321 grow of the same strain in Spring 2022.

1 Like

That is like 13-14 products? I rest my case lol

8 Likes

@dbrn32 Its 12 nutrients and add in Sledgehammer its 13. If you use Flower Kiss it would be a total of 13 nutrients and Sledgehammer for a grand total of 14.

Its so simple to use. The real difference is the time to mix the nutrients. Thus the reason I said FF is more complex.

The down side is you use more space to store the FF products.

If you take time out and read the feeding chart its easy as making a Granny Smith Apple Pie. It only takes me about 1 minute to mix up the nutrient water. Practice makes perfect.

At first it was a little intimidating but after a couple of feeds it became simple to me.

I want to compare the results of Jacks vs FF. I did way more complex things while studying Biochemistry.

Can you honestly say my bud looks horrible? Of course not…:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I wouldn’t. Can you say it looks better than everyone else who is using less products, cheaper products, and products that no complicated schedule or extra space is required?

2 Likes

@dbrn32 Comparing it to other FF grows is one thing. But comparing it to those not using any FF stuff wouldn’t be right. Because its not the same.

Would I compare the quality smoke to another another grower not using FF? You bet I would. I wouldn’t hesitate to compare quality. I had some other grower marijuana while on The Lab side. I believe he used Jack’s. I was not
Impressed. Smelled wonderful but I barely got a buzz.

This is why I will do a side by side comparison for my grow style with using FF vs Jack’s. Same strain of course. This will be fun. I may just get another tent so I can run the experiment before Spring 2022 as its my prime time to grow. Its not hitting 100+ everyday now.

3 Likes

I switched to advance neutrients on this run and new light so we will see but I know allot of my friends same set up no problems dense buds

My last grow with the spider farmer sf 4000 still not dense

1 Like

You can do whatever you want, and post your results, opinions, and thoughts as you please. It will not change my opinion that 13 bottles is ridiculous and unnecessary. Nor will it change my opinion that the cost is justified by individual results.

There is also no basis for quality or type of buzz you had based on name of nutrient line you’re using. It’s reasonable to think your weed is better than everyone else’s. I’m sure that you’re not the only one the feels this way. Maybe the weed you sampled was garbage, maybe it came out of hands of inexperienced grower, maybe genetically it didn’t match up to give you the greatest effects. These individual experiences vary a lot from person to person and can mean very little in terms of the actual state of the sample.

If you have that much confidence and extensive knowledge of the product, would be much more productive to help op make sure he’s using properly instead of trying to convince me.

8 Likes

Strains are so unique, like people, we don’t always line up, for the best affects. This is why it’s so vital to find strains that work, personally because not all work the same on everyone.

5 Likes

THIS!

I use ff and my buds are solid, when frozen you could throw them through a window. I only use 1/2 the ff line.

My first grow I had some larf but I didn’t lollipop so it was expected. I use marshydro lights also, I have an fc3000 and a ts1000. I only use the ts1000 for germ and a couple weeks into veg. Your light isn’t very strong and with no dimming option you are gonna need to have it down to a science with distance and with timing, each phase of growth accepts different intensity, differently. Question op, is this your first few grows?

1 Like

Lol. Them r not all that easy from start lol. That’s alot of apple cutting for a good pie. So maybe as easy as making a Marie callenders apple pie. Lol. Them r made just need baked lol.

2 Likes

@MrPeat sounds like you need to do a clone grow off with an experienced Jack’s user… I don’t live close to you or I would say let’s do it.
You have a method that works for you and congrats on being successful with one of the more complex nutrients out there.
However I would invite you to run your own clone experiment with fox farms vs Jack’s (although it may take you a couple grows to get used to Jack’s)

Hellraiser did a clone experiment with Jack’s vs AN which by many is considered one of the most high quality nutrients in the hobby market.
He sided with the jacks and he was a AN grower for years.

If your happy with the money you spend and the system you have in place then by all means continue what your doing because you definitely have respected results.
I think the point we’re all trying to make is that there is a easier mor cost effective way that you may just not be aware of.

As always unless done one clones a sample for sample is not comparable as @Covertgrower mentioned genetics are to variable

However we are here to help the OP so let’s all get back in track.

5 Likes

Lol…I think I see a bug in one those pics…you see it as well? Or there is another reason you suggested this?

No I saw no bugs. I’m simply suggesting to check all angles for the reason behind the fluffy buds. Insects can be one reason.

2 Likes

Idk, I think the plants look great. I’m also an absolute rookie so any plant fully grown is gonna look great to me I guess.