Wwa in bubblers using GH 3 part nutes

Just started the bubblers a few days ago with distilled h2o. Brand new grow with seedlings. Cheap $11 amazon meter is the culprit. Used strip and reagents after checking with meter and agin ph was way off. I’m gonna order the $80 blue ph pen today and use strips and reagents until I get a meter unless others have a better suggestion. Thanks for the input

1 Like

Girls are looking good with new leaf set starting. The two I set to the side are still alive and opened back up. I’ll give them a day or two more under cfl and work out this ph question. 3 ways to test and 3 very different results. Who knows what the ph is. It’s anyone’s guess at this point. New ph meter will settle it. For now As long as they keep growing at this rate I know they’re doing good so we’ll continue on and see what happens. Waiting on more clay media because I didn’t get to canabalize from the 2 baskets with the seedlings that folded up. T79 rh 42 in closet might start getting readings on top of the bubblers. That’s it for now

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

I used to used distilled until I got an RO system.

Some people seem to hate on distilled water but I never had many problems growing with it but I do remember having my pH crash when I used distilled water if I didn’t change the REZ after about a week to a week and a half

@TDubWilly I went with the distilled because my well water has a tds near 150ppm. In starting out I wanted to keep my ppm around 200 for a week or two and that seemed like the easiest way. I plan on using a couple of filters to lower the hardness below 50 but I don’t know if my plan will work. I’m growing autos and can’t afford delays from nutrient lock and such but I’m trying not to need to buy water at a buck a gallon either. I’ll be changing my water weekly so I might be okay either way but I just don’t know. I don’t know if my room will be conducive to growing in without extreme measures. If I have to do to much it will become cost prohibitive and I’ll be better off buying my smoke. Growing is like a ball and chain as I’m sure you know. I’m already seeing trips to the beach and weekend get aways being out of the question. I’m hoping I’m not doing this for a couple of oz’s of weed that smells like hay and $5000 worth of equipment. Lmmfao That’s why I’m trying to keep within a modest budget. I already have to grow a second crop to overcome unexpected expenses. This ain’t a cheap hobby though. So we will soon see what happens.

I tried several different drinking water filters before I bought an RO system but the most the would ever drop my ppm wad about 7-10 points.

Most growers would be totally happy with this. My tap water is just south of 400 and I have done DWC grows with it, but it is tougher.

Im going to tag a couple other hydro growers so they can follow along too
@WickedAle
@bryan

1 Like

@TDubWilly thanks on sharing with others that can give me the benefit of their experience. Sounds like theirs no reason to buy filters unless I go all out with the RO. I’ll just run the distilled until they get into veggin in a week or so then go with my tap water and Lucas Formula. I like the kiss method. With all the calcium I won’t need calmag but might need mag sulfate and rhino skin. Maybe you or the others have some suggestions in regards to those things. Thanks for everything and happy growing

2 Likes

This is about the extent of what I use regularly plus rhino skin which is not pictured.

I also use rhino skin and I like it. I have a bottle of cal/mag that is just there if needed. I also have a bottle of sulphur i play around with in flower sometimes

1 Like

I have been here daily for 2 1/2 years. Tried many different ways. I have been fortunate to have many mentors. Take the important information from each one and you will develop your own style of growing. Now, quit wasting money buying water, ppm 150 is Great in my world. chlorine: who cares. I have 350, mostly calcium. So I use mag sulfate instead. I have a bottle of “ cactus juice “, straight calcium with low npk if deficiency. And I have finally found a brand that meets my expectations. This grow i am all in with coco. GrowMore brand.

1 Like

Don’t go through the extra expense for water 150PPM is fine.

1 Like

I also just use Flora Trio and Armor Sl although recently I have moved to MaxiBloom. It has quite a few sulfur compounds that supposedly assist in smell/flavor. Also don’t like paying for water. It’s powerful stuff in dry form and I have found it needing to be adjusted to 5.8, but it has everything that Flora has. 7g/gal is ~1100 in RO water (or 1250 in 150PPM)

2 Likes

Has anyone used dry powdered molasses?

1 Like

@TDubWilly I definitely concur with your approach. Less is more. Makes it easier to figure out what’s wrong when problems arise. What do you use the Hydroguard for?

1 Like

@bryan I’m all in and moving forward with this. I won’t be buying water or filters and like you I have plenty of calcium. The good thing is at least I don’t have chlorine. I’m excited and hoping I don’t end up with hay. Lmmfao

1 Like

@WickedAle did you start with the sulfur products in veg or budding phase? I’ve always waited till budding but there is so many new things available today

The girl in the middle is growing like a weed. They sprouted out the rapid rooters on 4/20 and I believe the seeds went into the glass on 4/18. I hope I don’t lock up so I can see these autos at their best! Thanks to all for y’alls suggestions and encouragement

1 Like

Bad idea in dwc/RDWC. Tried dark brown sugar. Big snot mess!

Started in flower, but I you look on the labels of Flora it’s in all stages.