Wwa foxtail? Not again

Does this look like foxtailling to anyone?

If so. Everyone who reads this, be warned. I’ve had 25 wwa seeds and all have foxtailled. Anyone know about a better seed bank with better genetics?

2 Likes

@HornHead foxtailing in my opinion isn’t a flaw genetically. It just means you’re pushing your plant to it’s full potential and she’s really just trying to reproduce at the last minute.

2 Likes

THIS is a foxtail.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I bow to you on that one sir! Lol

3 Likes

Looks like it, but I’m going to agree with @Covertgrower too. If you push plants, buying seeds from somewhere else probably isn’t going to change that. That doesn’t look spindly as to where it would be a problem, just throwing a few late pistils.

3 Likes

I would look at it like hey shes trying to give me more. She pushing herself to produce for u.

3 Likes

I see it as the plants’ last gasp at life. It tells me the plant is fully mature and the grower did everything he could to grow it out as far as it would go. Some foxtails therefore are good IMO and some not so much.

3 Likes

Hell, I thought I still had a ways to go. Trics are just now about all cloudy and pistols just started to turn orange

2 Likes

Are we showing pics of our foxtails?!

2 Likes

I know it’s extra bud, just looks bad

1 Like

I feel that’s a matter of opinion.
If I find a nug, with fox tails, I would give the grower mad props. @HornHead

1 Like

It seems to me that the sativa-oriented plants I’ve grown have generally displayed some foxtails. The kush plants and more indica leaning plants have not, for me at least, displayed the same level of foxtailing.

That being said, I’ve noticed that in most cases it happens in the part of my tent where the PAR levels and temps are likely a tad bit higher. I am going to play with my environment on my next grow to see if I can mitigate it at all with more consistent temp, light, and humidity across the canopy.

I find that most of the time when I get them, they are on top of already solid buds. That being said, I had a GL a year and a half ago that had the “bad” foxtails start in early flower. I attempted the “bud backbuilding” technique (snipping the foxtail off).

Here are the results of that experiment for me on that GL:
Before:

After:

Essentially that top cluster was removed (just a small snip of the chained calyxes) and then the clusters below it all grew out, so in the end it had four bud clusters on top instead of one.

1 Like

My temps have been good this round, a couple days got in low 80s but that was before I started my a/c up. Par levels, I have no idea. Would love to get a good meter but outta my price range

2 Likes

Yup! haha!

Those kind don’t normally bother me. I just figure the plant is doing what it needs to.

2 Likes

I had one plant that was filled with them on this last grow:

Every bud cluster had one. Turns out after trimming that plant had maybe the most dense nugs of all the plants.

3 Likes

bg foxtailing

3 Likes

Now I like that. Take what I say with a grain of salt. I was hasty about bad mouthing genetics. Ilgm has superb Gene’s. Just upset

1 Like

Regardless, your buds looks dank! I mean those previous pics you showed me were insane in terms of yeild! Is foxtailing due to either gentics or high Temps?

Yeah i want buds that look like that…ended up with this …my first grow also

They may look decent but they are dry and airy

1 Like