WW Seems to be stunted...anybody seen this before

all 5 were started at the same time …but the little one i put in a bigger pot thinking it might be choked off by the soil …so i transplanted her…any body have this happen to them before?It like the the plant stopped growing …is from transplant or is this just a weird seed?

1 Like

They dont do a lot of growing at this stage they are putting all their energy into building a healthy root system, they take off quick enough, be patient… Happy growing

3 Likes

How did you germ them? Any chance of root damage from germ media to pot? I’m a cheap bastard so I always germ in a wet paper towel like when you sprouted beans in a Ziploc in grade school. :laughing: Anyway… I forgot about a couple once and one of them started rooting to the paper towel. Part of the root ripped when I took them out to plant them. One plant grew in a spiral. They do weird things sometimes.

Yes, I have one like that! It germinated quickly, but grew in a spiral. It took me a few days to work out what was happening, and though it’s a quarter of the size of the seed that germinated the day after, it’s green and it’s alive!

She maybe just the runt of the litter. I have read clay pots are not good for what we grow

1 Like

My spiral is working on her third node now. Looks odd, but seems to be healthy. I’ll snap a pic later.

1 Like

Sometimes you get a bum grower. But they’ll catch up.

2 Likes

it"s plastic…lol …ya but i didn’t know that

can anybody tell me how long i should wait to put them in a 5gl. pot

My eyes aren’t what they used to be

Rule of thumb is when the leaves reach the outer edge of the container it’s in. That should be when there’s enough of a root system to hold the soil together but that’s not always the case. That’s why I start in clear solo cups so I can monitor the root growth. Then place the clear cups into opaque cups to protect the roots from the light. When the roots fill up the solo cup, I transplant.

3 Likes

Sometimes ya just get one that didnt germ good. Have one now. Here is my runt @3weeks old. My wife wont let me kill it. Finger just for size reference.

here are here sisters. nothing done different except not the runt just sits in the window, dont want it in the grow room.

1 Like

great advice… i have them in a blue solo cup …lol… i do have clear ones too…but since i didn’t do that way …would you say like a week to 10 days or so…right now there 3rd set of leaves are starting to develop

Depends on how quickly the plant grows. I’ve had one that went 4 weeks in the solo cup. My most recent ones only made it 6 days in the solo cups.

lol… i really think i had root block cause shes starting to grow …i dont think i have enough perlite in my soil… i think i really messed that ratio up…im not getting proper drainage and its made the soil to tight for the roots to grow

Gotcha …the other for really are taking off…ill get some picks of them …it takes time im on a 9 year old computer and it takes for ever to get picks down loaded and uploaded

This is one that took 4 weeks to fill the solo cup with roots. The plant was big for a solo cup but there wasn’t a ton of root growth. (The reason for potting up is because the pot it’s in no longer has space for roots)

These ones only took 6 days to fill the cups with roots

So if you can’t monitor the root growth, stick with the leaves growing to the edge of the pot rule.

1 Like

Gotcha…see i never her that one …thats why im in here to learn…thanks Bobbydigital

2 Likes

2 Likes