WW Auto's, fim?, top?

I’m sure you will be fine. It may slow down your growth a little.

Hope so. Want to get the most out of them. A lot more work doing all of this in secret.

Invite sent @Dman1969. Lmk if you get it.

1 Like

I got it. looking forward to it keep on keeping on my friend! :sunglasses::call_me_hand::+1:

2 Likes

@Hogmaster - have you ever topped an fimmed an auto side by side with either a natural grow auto or maybe LST? Same strain…any yield differences?

1 Like

Excellent @TCMIguy. When you create a grow journal, lots of seasoned veteran growers on here can see your plants (pics) and offer advice - if you need any pointers, that is. LOL

In your journal, it is helpful to list your grow equipment, soil or medium, pot sizes, nutes and enhancers for example. On the QB light, I turn the intensity way down in the seedling stage and have the light closer like 18". As the plants grow, I increase the intensity slowly and raise the light to the point I want it 20-24" off the canopy. With autos, you may be at full intensity by the time you see signs of flower.

**I see you included your grow data on this thread. You can always copy and paste the opening post to begin your journal and don’t have to go back thru it all again.

1 Like

Did you leave the other 2 wwa’s natural to train with LST? or let grow untrained?

Yep let two of em go

1 Like

Great. Did you start a grow journal or do you plan to start one? Pics?

I’m very interested since I am ready to pop 2 WWA’s in the next few days soon as my room is free from a harvest/drying that is hanging now. I have the room temp and humidity stabilized for drying, so I don’t want to start a new grow til the bud goes into the curing phase.

I am interested to learn of any differences in growth between a side by side natural WW auto grow and a WW auto plant that has been topped or fimmed. I realize you wont be at the harvest point to analyze any yield differences by the time I get my plants up to size to train, but you may be able to tell us if the fimming is working out for you.

Thanks!

2 Likes

@Not2SureYet has topped several of his autos and has done one of them a couple times. They all turn out beautiful and he has a Great Harvest.

2 Likes

I am considering 2 WW-A’s in which one is topped or fimmed, and the other let natural or probably bent and tied with an LST technique.

@Blacksheep is doing basically this same side by side evaluation.

2 Likes

I been growing autos for a while now, I tuck fan leaves under the side colas to expose more light , I never trim leaves.

1 Like

Any bending to expose the plant to more light?

Tuck and go with it, autos are on a timer if you trim leaves the plant will stunt and you don’t want that to happen cause autos are on a timer.

2 Likes

The only thing with tucking only on some plants is you have to watch out for WPM when they get bigger and bushier. I ran into that with my Kush Auto last round.

What works for me don’t mean they work for everyone I’m in central Florida and I got to deal with alot of humidity to keep my grow room at a optimal environment.

I get 2 oz more topping then not topping But they don’t always take either

6 Likes

I just grow couple more plants to make up for it. Luckily I have the room for it.

1 Like

Thanks Hogmaster,
I feel better about the decision to give it a try.
Now I gotta figure out how to feed these things, I went into it thinking that they would finish so fast that the FFOF soil (and PH correct water of course) would be all I needed, the more I learn it seems like the less I know, lol.
Any suggestions about general feeding schedule or nutrients that a newbie can use to keep from having to search and decipher a zillion posts? Or maybe point me to a good reference? I know I can get the gizmos to figure out the total dissolved solids and exact moisture levels and all that, heck I’m making enough mistakes here without complicating it any further. Once I get this first grow behind me I’ll drill down a little more into making everything perfect on the next one.
Also, looking closely this morning I realize I fimmed one and topped the other (at least as I am understanding the difference), guess I have it going 3 ways now, haha! 4 if you count the fact that I just bent the biggest one over a bit with an attempt at LST.
I’ll post some photos over the next few days as they have a chance to show the results of my not so scientific experiment.

1 Like

i top, lst, and sometimes super crop my autos. no side affects… ran a control group and got more off the ones i trained…

good luck

2 Likes