WW auto albino-ish sprout

ILGM WW auto. Soaked in tap water with some H2O2 for 24 hours and put in Coco-Loco Tuesday afternoon. 4 out of 5 popped above dirt by Friday morning. Is the white sprout (front right) a cull, or will it grow out of this? I wanted 4 plants and planted 5 just to be on the safe side. I’d let this one go, except I’ve got one that didn’t pop above ground at the same time as the other 4. If it’s not going to make it I’d like to get another seed started while I’m only a few days behind the rest.

It pretty much looks like the photo. White, with some purple overtones.

2 Likes

I suspect it’ll be OK. Be interesting to watch, in any event.

1 Like

@DrWoo Agree with @Newt , will tag and follow this one… Should be quite interesting. Can’t wait. Good luck!

1 Like

Wow that kinda cool :sunglasses:. Watching for sure! :blush::v:

1 Like

I would continue to grow it as a novelty at least. I doubt it will live very long or produce much. It will probably be extremely sensitive to light just like any true albino entity.

1 Like

From what I’ve been able to discern, it’s going to be a deader shortly. Chlorophyll is green. No chlorophyll, no food from sunlight. Once the reserve food from the seed is gone it will keel over.

Plant albinism seems to be most common when forcing seeds to form without going through the normal male/female romp in the hay (see: androgenic microspore embyogenesis).

I’ll let it roll, but I’ve already started a replacement.

3 Likes

@DrWoo , what if it is albino chlorophyll? :laughing:

2 Likes

Then it would need albino sunlight.

3 Likes

@HMGRWN Touche

1 Like

Status update: The seedling never grew, never fell over. Sent it to seedling heaven after a small ceremony with family in attendance.

4 Likes

So sorry for your loss! :v::blush: