WW Auto 4x4 FF soil 2 Mars TSW2000 journal first time grower

Temp average last week has been 78 and RH 66

Pic I took on 8-26-2021

1 Like

9-3-2021. I have been LSTing for a couple weeks now and I am pleased with the results so far. I just got done watering with 2ml/gallon cal mag and started feeding with the last water…I have been watering the good sized ones (all of them besides the shorty) about 2L each twice a week letting them completely dry out before watering. I water with cal mag one time and planning on using the other watering for nutrients…I have also started measuring runoff PPM last couple of weeks once a week and will post my results on here tomorrow or the next day. Lights are both now at 75 percent and around 18 inches from average canopy top. Still 18/6 and was planning on keeping it that way the whole way through.

I have compared journals from growdiaries website and it seems like I am ahead of many of the diaries I have seen as far as size of my plants at weeks 3-5ish.

Last week temp average 81 Degrees F and RH 60 percent.

Pics

Any thoughts or suggestions out there are always appreciated very much

1 Like

I have been watering with 2mL/gallon cal mag once per week, letting them dry out completely then watering with ILGM’s Bergman’s nutes at half strength (bloom and booster). So basically watering twice a week once with nutes the other time with cal mag. Just watered today with the cal mag all the plants except the shorty gets about half gallon each watering(enough to barely start to get runoff) I have been measuring my runoff ppms with each watering and all of them are in the 1000-2000 range with no significant changes from the previous measuring in any of them. All water is ph’d to about 6.5.

Now in the last week have been running into some possible issues. First off I got sick for a few days and neglected them a bit more than usual and when I cranked my lights to about 100 percent I had a humidity issue I believe. When lights were on temp would be around 85 but there was about a full day or so RH hung under 40 percent ish. I have since fixed that and am able to maintain my RH at around 50-60 with lights on. I think I also let them dry out a little bit too much before watering today because my leaves seemed to start drooping all over and had some leaves yellow and die toward the bottom which scared me but not too much because seems like the tops of pretty much all the plants were not showing anything off but now it seems the yellowing is getting a bit higher up the plants and worsening. I have been occasionally LSTing still and I raised my lights up about 6 inches so they are about 20-24 inches now at 100 percent each. (This helped with the RH problem on top of me setting up another humidifier outside my tent that is on a smart plug to auto turn on when RH dips below 40 basically as a backup to the one in the tent and it is set up in front of my 4 inch AC infinity with smart controller intake fan). Seems like since watering today my plants are done drooping but I believe the yellowing of the fan leaves towards the bottom is continuing.

Here is my RH and temp chart from this last week (notice the fluctuations)

Here are pictures I just got done taking trying to show the yellowing of the fan leaves.

Help! What am I doing wrong and what should I do?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Your fine …nothing to even worry about …
If it were me I’d cut the leaves off …and defoil a little …but I’m outdoors so not sure what other indoor growers would recommend …
Your growth looks super healthy and green …it’s nerve racking but your plant is just going through it’s life cycle and maybe it’s something you haven’t seen before !!

Hapoy growing

1 Like

Great to hear thank you!

9-10-2021 (day 40 since they popped from the soil)

Just removed all the leaves that looked too far gone it was pretty easy…you guys think I should keep defoliating? I have heard mixed things about defoliating autos. Also i have slowed the LSTing now that my canopies are starting to become more even around the pots. I am liking the way things are shaping up!!

2 Likes

9-11-2021 after getting some suggestions did a little defoliating. I tried to take it easy with it being my first grow ever.

2 Likes

9-15-2021 (45 days)

Today I watered without the Cal-Mag.

Decided after doing some reading to not use CalMag at this point while feeding nutes unless it looks like I need to.

Still going with water feed water feed schedule feeding and water only once each per week

One plant runoff is still a little high around 1800 ppm but the rest are in the 800-1000 range. Probably going to up the strength just a tad bit next feed in a few days.

All look fine but number 6 the shorty seems to have slightly darker leaves and hairs. But all seem to be nice and healthy and there are beautiful bud sites all over also the short one seems to be catching up to the others.

I also defoliated a lot more after becoming more confident it was not stressing the ladies too much after seeing how they reacted after last time.

On top of all of that a few days ago using some advice from @MidwestGuy I mounted all of my LED drivers to get my temps down at the canopy and help control my humidity easier.

I now have three 6in clip on fans blowing on the plants on high 24/7

LST has slowed down for me last few weeks a bit but it continues as I try to fill the tent out.

This is getting exciting.

2 Likes

Also Temp avg around 83 with lights on and around 77 lights off with humidity around 50 in the last week

Much more growth than mine but looks like about the same issues I went through. Good job they are looking nice.

1 Like

Thank you!

Pictures from 9-18-2021

3 Likes

Watered with nutes (about 15 percent more strength) and then regular watering today (stopped cal mag couple weeks ago) also got a grow journal from Amazon and I have seem to be having some minor issues with 3 of the plants in different ways. (1 has always been a mutant)

Gonna make a support ticket

Took off a few of the leaves that were clearly not gonna make it towards the bottom and a few towards the top that were covering bud sites.

Pictures below

1 Like

Notice at the last picture directly above this post the difference in upper leaf color in comparison to the others. I noticed this 3-5 days ago and it does not seem it has gotten any worse really but this same plant did have by far the most completely yellow lower leaves and leaves all over the plant in general mostly have atleast some yellowing.

The mutant has always had darker and slightly different shaped fan leaves but about a week ago I noticed klawing towards the top on all of the fan leaves.

Noticed burnt tips on a separate plant a few days ago as well.

1 Like

Lastly here are my recordings of feedings I wrote down in this journal (sorry not the best hand writing I know)

1 Like

Temp avg 79 F RH avg 56 in the last week

I may be wrong, but that one plant you are pointing out, might just be hungry(er) than the others. Do you have these?

1 Like

From the second chart only thing I might say is the mobile/immobile

I missed what nutes you’re using and what schedule they’re on with those nutes.

My only real thought is that as they switch from Veg to Flower, their needs change. Ditch anything that’s high in N and start incorporating way more P/K than you had needed in the past. It looks like they’re going well but clawing is one sign of nitrogen toxicity. I saw you’re in FFOF - I’m not sure how many weeks in but OF has lots of good stuff in it, and nothing you can really do about it. Again, I’d just be sure to back off supplementing with any N and see if it helps reduce the claws.