Wtf is going on here?

Hi guys, is there anyone here who could help me? My first attempt at growing autoflowers did fair to mifflin, and in the course of requesting support from the seed distributer, I was given 5 free seeds to try again. Fantastic! Now, here we are on day 15 from seed. I can give all the details of my grow setup and materials. My question is: all five seeds were treated exactly the same from day one, no changes at all. So why do they all look so vastly different? One seems normal, one has super crunchy twisted leaves, one is at least 3 inches shorter than all the others, and one still hasn’t sprouted any serated leaves on day 15. Why, if I am treating them all the same, do they all seem so different? They are the same strain. Oh, and seed number five didn’t germinate.IMG_20200902_090823885|375x500

Every seed has it’s own genetics and it wont look like the others. Just like kids arent identical to their siblings. Everything is ok. I have 2 Green Crack going same order everything I did I did to both equally yet one is starting off much better.
Deep breath it’s all good

3 Likes

While I agree with @Psu8286 they will all grow a bit different even when the same strain. The only one of those looking okay for day 15 is the biggest one. You are stunting their growth somehow. Fill this sucker out and someone will figure out how.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

may not be the problem, but, peat pots are well known for holding too much water.
as others stated…each seed has it’s own game plan. some are not so strong. most will be healthy good harvest plants.
Like Momma Gump said,“seeds are like a box of chocolates. you never know what you are gonna get”.
is why I continually suggest starting more than you plan to harvest.
no fun trying to make a weak plant turn into a big beautiful bush.

1 Like

Ok, details:
Strain is Blueberry Auto from ILGM
Method? I’m growing in a mix of coco coir and perlite
Vessels, at the moment they are in small fabric seedling bags, and will eventually be potted up into 3 gallon fabric pots
PH is between 5.5 and 6.2
I am using General Hydroponics Flora nutrient trio, following the schedule recommend on coco for cannabis website
Greenhouse, temps between 70 and 80F, humidity between 50-60
I use two oscillating fans to help with airflow and keeping the temps down, doors and windows on greenhouse are always open, unless it’s raining
There is only the door and window opening for ventilation, plus my fans, and I think I may get a dehumidifier for flower if it fluctuates too much

The process so far: I soaked all the seeds in a cup of room temp tap water on a dark shelf until the tap roots were visible. I then placed each seed into its own jiffy pellet. They popped up a day later. I kept the pellets in a dish of water. Once I seen roots sticking out of the pellet, I transferred to the seedling bag, which was previously filled with my coco perlite mix (previously buffered). Once they were in the seedling bags, I began using the fertigation technique recommended on coco for cannabis, starting on day eight. And, here we are.

1 Like

Also, I did not use any type of lights for germination or seedling stage. The plants have been in the greenhouse since day one.

They are stretching a bit so more light would definitely help in that regard. My first thought was over watered so maybe the peat thing @tanlover442 mentioned. I know pH issues can cause that leaf twisting you see there but ur ph range sounds okay. Are you phing after you add nutrients. Have you checked it coming out or just going in?

So, I ph after I add my nutrients, and again before every watering, because I’m paranoid. But I’m using bottled water, so it’s very consistent. I don’t really check the ph coming out. To be a bit more specific, each plant receives 20ml of water each time I water them. In the morning, I fertigate with the nutrient solution, and in the evening I use the same amount of plain water, phd of course. Is this too much water? Should I only water once a day? Should I switch daily between nutrient solution and plain water? Why does that one plant not have any true leaves?

1 Like

I think your watering routine sounds okay for coco but I wonder if the peat pod thing is messing with that. I’ve only grown in soil so I don’t want to comment too much on watering for coco. Maybe you should check ph coming out. If you have a nutrient buildup in your medium it could be radically different from what your inputting.

Thank you, I will def check that this evening. After reading so much and doing so much research, I was more confused than when I started. Decided to copy someone else’s grow step by step, but that was a huge mistake. So this time around, I’m trying to follow the instructions on the website, but since I’m not growing indoors, I’m not going to have the same experience. I keep searching for people who grow autoflowers, in greenhouses, using coco. Maybe it’s too specific?

I have grown 5 of these and every pheno has been quite different.

1 Like

Found this thread…Coco in a greenhouse

Thanks, that’s reassuring. My first grow I was using organic dry ammendments in coco and the result was two extremely stunted plants already begining to flower with only 5 true nodes. So…I was really hoping that these plants would look like all the other plants I see, to confirm I’m doing things right this time around. But they do not. Seeds are expensive, materials too, we all know it’s worth it though. I just happen to be growing super secretly, very very incognito, so I need to get to a successful harvest so I can tell my hubby what I’m doing. When I told him I was thinking about growing last year, he laughed and called me cute.

1 Like

@Spiney_norman thank you!