WTF could have caused male flowering?

Yeah, not really, those aren’t even all house and garden products. I have heard good things about house and garden.

That could be part of the problem, when using products from different brands,there is always the possibility, as the formulations were not made thinking about how they might interact with each other, and that in itself could be a significant contributor to an unstable pH.

I’m not sure what you are thinking, and don’t try and explain it to me, lol, like I said, I’m not trying to learn every single different grow theory out there. I will always stick to keeping it simple, lol.

If it works for you outdoors in the earth, then more power to you, but yes, indoors in hydro, things happen very fast and you don’t have all the buffering and supplementing properties of the earth, not to mention a hydro reservoir is almost always more limited than what you would have available outdoors.

So…yeah, then adding more volume in your reservoir would probably help, if it isn’t from an interaction between your various nutrients.

The nitrients came with the system when I bought it. But I am thinking the lack of water in res may be the problem. The chart I was given by the shop. I’m only going by the EC/ppm values in that chart. Nothing else.

And yeah. We have pretty good soil here in Aussie land… But down home South. too humid up where I am now outside. Tooo hot.

Well if you are following the chart, increasing the volume could be good, as I said I’m not familiar with the system. If you are wanting to be frugal, you could use a concentration at the lower end of their recommendations, so you are not using a lot more nutrient and mostly just more water, if you get my drift? Especially since you are running well above the approximate 1.0 EC I was telling you is needed in most cases for a stable pH.

Ok. Thanks a lot for the advice. I wish I could grow in the ground. Anyway. I’ll get it again. Just takes time aye… I’m confident it was the lack of water. I will try lowing my EC. I’m adding water now so I’ll put 50 litres in. That makes it 100 for 5 plants.

Hey Mac. I now have 150 litres in my res. PH is sitting stable still at 5.7 and my EC is down to 1.6 from 1.98. I’ll see how this goes. Haven’t found any more hermi flowers on that plant. Just hope it doesn’t wreck my Bianca and Caramelicious. Fingers crossed. But like I said. I’m excited to start again already.

Yeah, like pretty much everything, it takes time and sometimes you just need that hands on experience to learn a type of grow.

Good luck, and we’ll be here if you got any more questions.

1 Like

Cheers bro… Have a good one… Hey you guys in the states are ya?? Is it legal where you guys are?? We are pretty close to a medical trial here.

It’s moving that way slowly. We still have a few states that don’t have medical legal yet. But the ones that do, more and more are even thinking about going full legal for adults 21 and older, similar to alcohol. It will get there eventually, keep supporting the politicians that support legalizing it, as long as the rest of their platform isn’t bat-shit crazy at least, lol.

Chappy13 you sound just just just like me!! OCD and plants herming from what it sounds like to me you really didn’t have a light leak. I call that full moon light. I can’t see that little from a 100watt bulb 10’ away causing it. But I can be wrong. And your ph did creep but not terrible. I think they mean 7+. Again I can be wrong. Mine happen with og seeds and super silver hase. May I ask your strains? I might have missed it and if I did sorry. I tell you this is getting bad. This was my second run in my brand new room. And both are seeded out. I thank you for the information. I think something might not be right with some of the beans? Or with us? But it’s got to be fixed!!

1 Like

Yeah bro. My strains are Caramelicious and Bianca. But the one that hermi on me was just a random seed out of one of my smokes. Phone about flat. I’ll be home soon and on charge. Ill talk more soon bro.

10-4 please. When I read yours it was like I typed itself with my own issues. Even the OCD. It’s nice to know that others are someone like yourself. You know… I say that all the time sorry.

Those stresses will not necessarily cause hermaphrodites, certainly not 100% of the time. They could just be a contributing factor or put some plants, that may come from a lineage that has a higher chance of developing hermaphrodite flowers, over the edge and make those types more likely to develop hermi flowers.

In my experience, strains with Mexican sativas in their background seem to have this develop more often than others, but that has just been my experience. Also, feminized seeds might be slightly more prone to this, as to make a feminized seed, the mother plant had to be forced, usually through a application that triggers the hormones to change part of the flower to hermaphrodite, and so the mother plant has the ability to develop hermi flowers in the first place if certain conditions that are not normal are introduced. There probably is some info somewhere on which strains are more sensitive or more likely to develop hermi flowers due to stress.

And Chappy13, a random seed found in a bag of otherwise seedless marijuana means it probably came from one of those hard to see and find late stage banana or yellow chili pepper looking ones, hidden in a bud, so it could never open very well and may have only pollinated the bud it was in. And so it obviously already came from a plant with the propensity to develop hermi flowers. So there is your answer to your title question, in the greater scheme of things, lol.