Wow what a difference!

Ok…I know I haven’t been on here any lately… Crazy crazy crazy few months! But anyway. I had 2 LSD Autos I started… They sprouted on 11/13. Started pretty good but used the wrong dirt. Plus I think putting them straight in to a 5 gallon bucket was too much.
So, bought some ocean forest, and some Earth Dust, and even some Dixie cups to put two new plants in because I don’t think the first two are going to live…
So far these look 100% better!
Now if I can just keep these 2 alive. Lol
Attached are some pics of the 4 plants… The ones on the left are the sickly ones and they are 7 Friggin Weeks old and that’s all I got. One looks better (Priscilla) but still scrawny and Lucy is pretty much done.
I’ve yet to name the new ones bc I’m scared it’ll just kill them too lol… I’ll make them soon if they keep up this good work!
Later I’ll update my journal and start a new one for the two new girls on the block… But I just drove 300 miles in a friggin ss Camaro that I can barely see over the hood in… My neck hurts and I’m shutting down… Well after I get my girls situated… Priorities man!!!

1 Like

Too dry. And or too many nutrients. Your soil will feed for a month minimum. Definitely too dry though. The easiest way for new growers to tell if a seedling needs watered is just to do the weight method. Take a solo cup, fill it with your soil. Do not water this cup. This is your comparison. You can also swing it and feel the lack of momentum. I assume you have drain holes in the cups being used. Since any container needs drain/air holes. But what is easiest is just to slowly water your girls untill run off. It doesn’t matter how much. As long as there is at least 10% of the volume in runoff as the total water given. It could also be 2000%, would just flush nutrients/beneficial bacteria out of the soil. You cant over water in one go, it’s impossible. Anyway. So now you have good moist soil. This is where the aforementioned cup comes into play. Don’t do anything until the cup with the plant in it feels the same as the “dummy” cup. Both in weight when lifted and the amount of centrifugal force when you gently swing it, once it is. Water/feed till run off again. This will guarantee you get the wet/dry cycle that cannabis craves. When they are young it will only be once every 4-5 days. As you go on it will be every other day or daily. Most don’t water daily in soil at any point. Personally I did late flower back when I grew in soil. Innert mediums are just easier and offer more control than soil tho. So I use coco now.

Good luck, happy growing!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the great info! I love this place!!!

Priscilla, the auto is definitely on her own timeline! Definitely looks dry. Did you add new dry dirt on top of moist soil! It’s kind of hard to tell from the picture.

1 Like

No but that was taken about 8 hours past their water time…I watered good after. Now I have to figure out how to keep the new ones alive lol

2 Likes

Another thing avoid getting any water on the leaves with the lights on as it will magnify the light and burn the leaves. For autos I’d prolly be best to go into final home as there is way less stress without transplants. When I plant a seed I soak the whole pot down then plant the seed in my hole and give the smallest amount of water where the seed was put to make sure soil is around the seed and leave it be til that pot feels light and dry. Then repeat. Soak it down til u get a slight runoff and leave it again til light and dry pH is another must have for the plant to take off good what pH meter do u use??

1 Like

These two… And they never agree

Yikes I wouldn’t trust those things there is a lot of people who have been burnt by them because the ph part isn’t accurate

1 Like

Yes I’m starting to worry about that but the ocean forest is supposed to stay pH balanced a little longer and I’m hoping I can find a better one by the time I need it lol

Here’s the one I have its works pretty well

1 Like

That’s not a pH meter. That’s a moisture meters. pH meters tell the pH of the water and soil not the moisture level. Lol. U need to get a apera ph20 meter and a small bottle of the apera storage solution. It tells the oh of water and nute mix so u can adjust the mix to 6.5 for the plants to uptake nutrients better if the pH is off it can lockout one or more of the nutrients from being eaten by the plant. And a cheaper ppm meter would be a definite helper also u can get away with the vivosun blue ppm meter for like 8 or 10 bucks but I would not go any cheaper than the apera ph20 off Amazon for about 50 bucks cheaper ones break fast and or do not read proper because cheap made.

2 Likes