Wound dressing for damaged plant

My last remaing girl broke a branch several weeks ago, I tried to graft the branch back on with unsuccessful results. The node is now all slimy and gooey looking and very unhealthy. I have sprayed with Hydrogen Peroxide to slow spread but I don’t think its working.
I have searched but can’t find anything on what I can use as a dressing to stop or at least seriously slow down decay until I harvest in about 2-3 weeks.

Some pictures would be very helpful

2 Likes

Gotta charge phone, be back in a few with picture.

1 Like

You could put some honey on it and wrap with duct tape.

2 Likes

Im not really seeing this slim and goo. Are the effected branches still growing

1 Like

@MAXHeadRoom No, growth doesn’t seem to be affected. It might have been slimy due to dew this AM.

@Familyman, tried that when I tried to fix branch. All I got was an infestation of :ant: s :laughing:

1 Like

Well if it is still growing then your graph took. If it where detached then it would wither up and die. How long ago was it broken

1 Like

3 weeks ago. I ended up cutting it off because branch never took and died. I was left with this huge hole that seems to be getting deeper into remaining stem and branches.

1 Like

You need to cover up the hole so air doesn’t get in there and dry out your stem. try some silicon and let it dry then put a piece of duct tape around it.

On the bright side your plant has already grown a knuckle around the wound.

1 Like

MAXHeadroom offers a good quick solution. Use clear silicon…might put on two layers. One to half fill the void. Let it dry solid …then…put in more until it’s even with the outside edges.

2 Likes

I use medical tape because it’s pretty easy to work and fairly easy to remove @NavyVet420

2 Likes

As a matter of fact, I just split a main node while I was doing pruning.

Sorry about the crappy pics. I’m using my tablet instead of phone.

2 Likes

So what did you use to repair the break

3m medical tape. I got the pictures reversed.

2 Likes

med tape…good idea

1 Like