Would this be worth buying?

Hey guys, I found a kit on Alibaba that I would like to buy, but I wouldn’t mind running it past the good folks here to see what they think.
Im super new to this so I bought a 3x3 tent to get me started.
Any Advice would be great. Ive checked out HLG, but prices are a bit steep for my entry level self.

Colour options are this:

As long as you get what is received in the description, and. not knockoffs. @dbrn32

1 Like

I had someone show me a link to one of these last week. It was like $109.
I’m sure it’s an hlg knockoff, BUT, if it works and comes close to the light output an official board will put out, it seems like a bargain.

Maybe not as good as an hlg light, but probably a hell of a lot better than any $100 blurple on amazon.

Thoughts? @dbrn32

2 Likes

It is 109. You have to buy 2 of them, but 2 of these are still 1/2 price to hlg, Kinda why I was curious

1 Like

Let’s wait for the lighting master to chime in. :+1:

1 Like

Oh, 2 of those will be a lot light for a 3’x3’

I don’t like using the constant voltage driver, and they’re probably not top flux bin diodes. The epistar 660 isn’t near osram or cree that others are using in performance either. But you have to figure driver is $50, getting the rest for $60 is pretty cheap.

If I had to buy 2 to get that price for a 3x3, I would look at running all 4 boards from a single driver. Would give you performance boost you are likely missing from more expensive leds, and still be cheaper than a 260 kit from hlg.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input. Seems like this just might not be worth it for me. Undesired driver, inferior diods and a website that I’m kinda sketchy about makes me wanna pass. I’ll keep poking through the forums and the dyi lighting thread and see what might peak my interest.
:+1:t3:

1 Like

I’ve ordered from wish and Alibaba. I wish I could kick Alibaba’s ass and get my money back lol

I’ve spent $1250 on lights. It’s better to save up for it right off the bat than have to spend more down the road. The final push was $799 of the $1250 was on two 260xl Rspec kits. Now I don’t have to worry about getting better lights.

1 Like