Would this be good to use s nute supplement

Found these lying around the house would be good to feed my girls with @boardsbird @Countryboyjvd1971 @PurpNGold74

I don’t think I would use it myself
But the only way you’ll know is if you give it a try
Do a test plant if you have the room
Dont be afraid to try new things you might find a winner :wink:
Im out :v:

2 Likes

I’ve used them for small plants. I think they lack the micronutrients you get in cannabis specific products. But in a soil grow, they’re fine.

Those spikes are too high in Nitrogen. Notice the instructions suggest inserting new ones every 60 days. If you’re growing indoors and plan to veg for a month or a little more, you’re going to possibly have too much residual nitrogen when you switch to flowering. However, if you plan to veg for two months outdoors these might be okay. I’d go with cannabis specific nutrients to be on the safe side.

1 Like

@howill thanks well that kind sucks lol what eaxct do I need for nutes super noob why I’m doing it wrong I guess thought more nitrogen be good through veg and would use it up ???

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 hey bro would you know we’re I can get good. Nutes at good price my local hydro shop has kits for whole process for 180$ is that normal growtech is company should I buy or can I get cheaper I know sometimes I can’t scim but I need them soon so @NavyVet420 @elheffe702 @PurpNGold74 @boardsbird

Look into GH (general hydroponics) or AN (Advanced Nutes) or even NFTG (Nectar for the Gods). Of ur gonna spend that much NFTG is my vote

2 Likes

Amazon.com should be all you need to get your first grow down then you can add or subtract from there, maybe Cal/Mag too
http://gh.growgh.com/docs/Feedcharts/GH_FloraSeries-DTW_03216am.pdf

3 Likes

Yep, General Hydroponics is good stuff. I use the general organics go box, which is enough for a handful of plants from start to finish, maybe six or seven. I add molasses and raw yucca.

2 Likes

Thanks guys my local shop called me back trying give me a 15$ deal after we spoke first time I think this box was lil exsessive for cpl plants I’m growing looks like a great kit but 160$ kinda pricey a Bit I guess old saying goes you get what you pay for I want quality buds would matter if I used the cheaper ??@boardsbird @PurpNGold74 @elheffe702

1 Like

I use GH exclusively. 10 different nutes at full bloom. About $130 US on Amazon. That is for the smallest size, which is rather large. My WWA loves ‘em

1 Like

https://www.ebay.com/i/123302970775?chn=ps $102 total

1 Like

BAM! There you go, great deal :+1:

1 Like

Amazing deal. But if u bought already… !@#$ it. Looks like nice sized jugs? Maybe gallons? Just use appropriately and may pay for itself over the time

Those fertilizer spikes are meant more for foliage house plants. The other issue is that they are time released nutrients obviously meant to last a while. The potential problem with that is if you needed to make adjustments due to nutrient burn or deficiencies, you’re stuck with the spike until it’s used up. That makes assessing a nute problem and fixing it more difficult.

1 Like

Yeah bro I !@#$ed up im A NooB but the plant looks good brother so I’m let it use up and hopfully that get me through most of veggin I’m grab normal nutes

Nah, you haven’t f*ed up! These plants have a tendency to make what they have, work. Keep your pH in check, and she’ll eat whatever you give her. A learning experience, daily, with these suckers.

Welcome to the forum. I seriously am not one to complain, but watch the cussing, others will complain. Might edit it, swap the u for a * and you’re good. Childish, but a minor detail to live with for such an abundance of knowledge and chill.

Best of luck. Ask every question you think of. Read the grow bible and guides available in the site. :v:

Btw, a sativa, hybrid, and an indica4me :smile:

You haven’t screwed up. That only happens when you figure out something you’ve done may not have been the best course of action – but you keep doing it anyway. Besides, these crazy cannabis plants are quite resilient and can bounce back from missteps (trust me, I know this all too well). Keep reading and learning about cannabis cultivation and you’ll do fine.

1 Like

No doubt thank you