Would light burn cause this plant ot hermie?

See light burn on one or two of the buds would that cause a hermie?

2 Likes

I seriously doubt it. High stress causes the hermie. Plants look good though :metal:

Missed up about 3lbs. All the hermie stuff was really hidden, didn’t see it till I was trimming. Other plant it seeded was 3x as big.

Oh so they did hermie and your trying to find the reason?

1 Like

they look good.

This a pain you have to delete post like this

I doubt light burn would cause a hermaphrodite, but stranger things have happened. Maybe you have a light leak somewhere if you’re getting multiple hermies.

Never seen one and the last 3 out of 4 were

I would double check the tent for leaks, and check your timers to make sure they don’t have a lights on period when they shouldn’t.

1 Like

Ripping tent apart and found they were only getting 11 hours of light, timer got bumped

1 Like

Had to be something! Hopefully that was all.

1 Like

I seriously doubt 11 hours of light would do it.

We’re they grown from seed or clone?
Where were the seeds from?

The only herm plants I’ve grown came from questionable genetics.

FWIW, I’ve had ilgm genetics in the same tent as the plants that hermed, and they had zero issues.

1 Like

I was thinking he meant they got darkness in the middle the lights on period, or vice versa.

1 Like

True. A burst of light mid sleep would do it too

1 Like

Either way it doesn’t take much to make them turn, and it depends on the strain. But ya a quick flash will do it or maybe not.
!1 hours of light didn’t do it. Just my last grow here my lights got so screwed up at one point their light schedule was so off an on I was completely surprised they didn’t turn on me, now i’em thinking that it mite be something else that’s making them turn, Like genetics

1 Like

:point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up:

2 Likes

ILGM Banana Kush

1 Like

Well, scratch off the bad genetics. :joy::rofl::joy:

We’re they from seed directly from ilgm, or clones?

My hermed plants were supposedly from ilgm seeds, (a gift from a friend). But I’m betting they were seeds from a hermed plant.

Pineapple haze.

I’ve still got two growing. I’m just waiting to see nanners on them.

2 Likes

These words “gift” and “friend” are quite flexible lol

3 Likes

That’s what I mean. I’ve had zero herm issues from seeds I bought from ilgm. Seeds I know are their direct genetics.
It’s only the “questionable” seeds that have proven problematic.

1 Like