Would doing a gradual pot size increase keep it contained and fatten it up?

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

Hi,
I need some help please. I bought some of your white widow that I have in my basement. It’s a small space, and the last one I grew (yes same strand, 1 at a time)was pretty skinny but couldn’t keep it off the light. Would doing a gradual pot size increase keep it contained and fatten it up? It’s in organic soil. 

Thanks in advance
1 Like

I prefer to do as little transplanting as possible to cut down on stress to the plant, especially if I’m trying to pull the plant out of a fabric pot.

2 Likes

I don’t think transplanting will keep the plant from growing tall, if that’s what you’re trying to do. If you need to keep it short so it doesn’t hit the light then you might want to try a SCROG, or LST. The easiest thing to do would be to tie the branches down before they get too tall.

4 Likes

keep lights close favoring a blue spectrum

I transplant often and to keep plants long term I use smaller pots restricting roots and and plant size naturally but requires feeding plants to maintain control. Keep in mind this is if goal is to keep them small not short they will always want to reach for the light which is where light distance factors keeping plants compact even with light distance pot size and diet training and pruning is still required

1 Like