Worse than any beginner

He would probably enjoy having a personal stalker :laughing:

1 Like

As did I Enlightened420. But you grow. You learn. You harvest. You dry and cure. You smoke, vape eat a bunch of it. Then you forget what you learned! lol

3 Likes

T- as far as the watering goes, its just a different way to go. Hellraiser always waters to run off, Budbrother does not. I dont know if it has to do with the supersoil/living soil’s make up, but I suspect it is. With the living soil, you are watering and keeping the top layer moist. So all the microbial critters are happy. If you have worms in your pots you dont eat to drown them. Sometimes I cant figure out why, but I know its true or good. So I do it. I think I may have just confused myself. Hopefully yall get my line of thinking.

2 Likes

Bud brother uses living soil, So do I. Living soil is not watered to run off. The top of the soil is misted daily to mimic the morning dew. And watered every few days, like a nice slow rain. ( never to run off) The soil is moist but never dries out and isn’t too soggy. Think of the moist nutrient rich soil under the layer of leaves on the forest floor. We rely on a rich healthy soil full of microbes and worms to make the organic nutrients in the soil available to our plants.
On non living soil. Aka dirt :grin: no just kidding it’s soil.
Happy frog doesn’t have the little pellets of time released synthetic nutrients that miracle grow does so it’s not time released nutes and you can wash the goodies out of it. Miracle grow pellets will take a lot of watering to finally dissolve and run off. Just my 2¢. Happy morning my favorite peeps :v::green_heart::sun_with_face:

9 Likes

In my experience with FF soil, the only reason you would need to water to runoff is to check ph and ppm’s. I’m currently in week 7 of my grow and haven’t waterd to runoff yet. I’ll be doing it this week, mainly because I’m getting ready to flip and need to know where ppm’s are at. I haven’t needed to add nutrients yet. When I do I won’t be using FF nutrients.

4 Likes

I believe your right :+1:

3 Likes

Smart move :grin::v::green_heart:

3 Likes

Wanted to add I’m not using Happy Frog, I’m using a 50/50 mixture of OF and Coco Loco.

2 Likes

I like ff, it got me started. My base is old depleted happy frog. Probably a little OF in there too. Their nutes give great results once the operator figured them out. There’s a lot of pH swings and salt build up and it takes a few grows to know when these pH swings will occur and prevent them like in flower. pH always dropped with ff nutes so pr flower I would start pHing my water high to counteract it…well basically, to say it simply, I got tired if all the work ff nutes made me do to keep my girl happy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

This is the reason I wanted to get off FF nutrients. Ph swings. On last grow they stayed steady using Jacks 321. I did get a drop-off the last couple of weeks of flower. By that point it didn’t matter. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

i did not know the process of FF, how they add nutes. i have a big old pile of FF in my yard. time to try to make a living soil. i never posted that i switched to NFTG on last grow and once i got a handle on it i was impressed. i really dont like FF nutes anymore

3 Likes

With coco and Jacks I water until I see just a bit of run off so I know they received a good watering

2 Likes

Think of Chemical weapons… You have persistent and non persistent. Example… VX is a United States Nerve agent. Its thickened during the production process. And sometimes encapsulated… The encapsulation makes the agent remain longer after distribution. Then GB, United States non persistent agent. Once its disseminated it has no shell thus producing just a gas and doesn’t linger. Although usually Bio weapons are encapsulated because sunlight and heat kill most biological weapons… So. In conclusion. The time release Miracle-Gro products are encapsulated NPK. Where FF isnt…
Hope that helps? I didn’t spend 25yrs in Evil Chemical School 4 NaDa… Beep.

3 Likes

I looked hard at jacks. Prior to the big boom of people here switching. It’s available at several places in my area and the simplicity of it were the main reasons I looked at it. Ff nutes were a big PIA. I’m in love with living soil though. Now that I’ve smoked the results, I’m sticking to it.

6 Likes

thank you. that makes sense to me

2 Likes

i havent found my way yet but i am getting there. living soil has to be the answer. FF feels like this is the way its going to be and you have no choice. promix took so much work. i am afraid of coco like @AfgVet is using. i dont know why. the one cheap soil i got from menards i loved. not available any more. i need to have more control of what i use.

6 Likes

You can use citrus peels, banana peels, egg shells coffee grounds, volcanic soil ect ect. Takes about a month to get full effect mixture LIVING… I use molasses throughout my grows as well always… Waiting on my lights to go on. Watering day then my Bud Tender is in charge next 8 days…
Until Then. Lets Rock.

4 Likes

This Blue Dream is a beast ( L ) Pruning and LST is a Must. The CrackAlaka ( R ) is doing her thing. Pruning to get your main colas ready for the stretch, maintain LST. Provide as little nitrogen as possible Gc isnt a friend of it! BREEZY… Just say no 2 mold! Fungi, HELL YA… The politically correct version.

Beep–Beep…
2 Likes

Damn… Oops. Beep.

2 Likes

i am loving this song!!!

1 Like