Worse than any beginner

this room is so freaking perfect. concrete block walls, concrete floor with a drain in the center. the house is built into a hill so the back has regular size south facing windows and the fields are behind the house. if the hot tub puts too much humidity in the room I can open the windows. I missed this house when I was setting up the grow room at the other house. plenty of open beams to hang lights but not sure how to handle the smell yet. I have no sense of smell so I cant tell. kids say they can smell it when I open the door from the kitchen. hubby is building me a wall and door right now so I can lock it up.

2 Likes

I agree with hubby! That was the best part about my freezer. I specifically looked for one with a lock on it, and the key stayed hidden, out of reach.

3 Likes

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying this thread, your trials and treblations have kept me engrossed from the beginning to now. From the start I have been smiling and sometimes laughing, which made the missus inquisitive. I’ve been trying to explain this somewhat slightly crazy grandma… (hope that’s ok!) growing pains…lol and she says I’ve been spending too much time with ya!!..lmfao​:joy::joy::joy::joy:. Getting back to your grow, slaughter,drowning,dropped,burnt blah blah and of course your successes doing at mo after the move, or shall we just say LST! I hope the stress hasn’t caused too much damage? not sure if that’s for you! Lol :v::seedling:
Great input all at ILGM
Longon

3 Likes

thank you but slightly crazy doesn’t even touch it, full out lunatic might be close. I study every grow journal looking for ways to improve. I so want to clone but I cant fill my house with more plants if they live. yesterday my husband built a wall and a door. I decided to make mylar curtains so I can open the windows if I want like this is the most normal thing in the world for a couple of senior citizens to do. we went to an apt to clean it and remodel and the tenants left a huge fish tank. I got so excited I didn’t even care that the apt was destroyed and they took off without paying. I was like woo hoo I can use that in my grow room! I put my plants on 12/12 today. told my husband light up this room and run me more electrical.

3 Likes

@elheffe702 do you use a working freezer? or is it just the locking part that that made u chose freezer? can u freeze pot?

1 Like

No, it was just the carcass of a freezer. A working one would be much too cold. I keep my trim in the freezer while I’m saving up enough to do anything with. But I bought the freezer working, and removed the compressor, condenser, evaporator, shelves, fans, etc., and just used it as a locking box. It worked well, was quiet, but it’s gone. It got lost in our move(s), was in the back of the Uhaul that got towed/impounded. Long story. I had pulled all the lights, fans, etc. out of it, and it was just the empty box. The biggest loss was the sticker collection lol! It was only good for a single plant at a time anyway. When I’m able to grow again (legally, wouldn’t risk it where I’m at now, for several reasons), I plan to dedicate a room, or least a very large closet, to grow space. The Frigidank™ was only good for a single plant at a time, but it probably would’ve been good to use for a nursery or something. I’m going all out when I have the space/money.

5 Likes

It has been an entertaining journey no doub’t with Trish… I’ve sat in bed before comparing her lessons learned to what I might have to face in the near future w my kid laughing to my wife. Her descriptions I see so clearly in my head. LoL
Grandkids want to go to Ma & PA’s house, grandpa’s always working on some project for his crazy biker bitch ol lady (it’s a grow room this time, so cool), damn renters suck… it’s a great read!!!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

2 Likes

I cant wait to see that @elheffe702…I’m also glad you’re back bro :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I just gave old Doc his tramadol for the morning. if my harvest was in I would have bumped his pain meds a little. wed he goes back to the vet for them to tell me one more time he isn’t getting better and I need to put him down. it crossed my mind to give him all his pills at one time to but I was afraid something bad would happen and he just wouldn’t go to sleep and never wake up. I dont want him to be scared and when we go to the vet he is terrified. he is really old and we have had him for 6 yrs. I looked for his owners for a while so I could beat the shit out of them. he was all skin and bones and if you talk too loud he hits the floor like you are going to hit him. he flinches when you try to pet him he isn’t sure if you are going to hit him. he adopted a little toy poodle that ended up here that was abused and he spooned that dog every night until he got sick. we called him Docs dog. he attached himself to every little kid that came thru this house and there were a lot of them. I never saw a dog that abused that was that gentle and I have worked with dogs a long time. I stood in line at the store buying babyfood and soft food for him because he dehydrates fast and I started crying for a dog that had a shitty life. I have to let him go for him and quit making him suffer for me. Wednesday light one up for Doc.

6 Likes

Doc might say he is lucky as hell that you found him 6 years ago. Theres not much we can do about the shitty ppl in the world but we can be as good as we possibly can and make a difference in the lives that come into contact with ours. You made a difference in his and if he could talk I bet he’d say thank you thank you for finding me when you did :grinning:

6 Likes

Wednesday… markd in my calender. Spark one up for the Doggie Doc

5 Likes

I feel that. Anyone who takes out their hang ups on something so small and defenseless…mmm mmm mmm. 5 minutes alone…

7 Likes

they sure are pretty but one has a problem. if I put DE on the plants will it hurt them? only 1 out of 7 has this

1 Like

Haven’t used it much in my cannabis garden, but have used it a lot in other capacities. I feel you can use it in veg, on soil or leaves. It works, but is just really messy. If using during bloom, I would only use DE on the soil, not the flowers or leaves.

I would just use H2O2/H2O mixed at a 1:1 ratio, then follow that up three days later with Captain Jack’s Dead Bug. Wait about five days, then repeat. You can use this all the way until the day of harvest. CJ is organic. It works if pests are the problem.

2 Likes

Ya I only use it on the soil, but I still ended up doing a soil drench for some gnats that I had gotten… looking at that pic what are your lights doing? Is it just top leaves or old growth? Had those leaves taco’d a bunch in the past.

2 Likes

this is one of the plants that was in aimage garage and a basement while I was moving

thank you I have no idea what happened to them since they were left at someone elses house while I moved and they looked really bad when I picked them up. the one plant I gave them has already died

1 Like

@LoCoRock I dont think it looked like it was shredded until after I got it back here. the one plant I left at that house has already died. what the heck happened.

I know I dont have enough lighting I never thought I would have this many plants. I am seeing this on old growth and when the leaves get bigger on the new growth they start to look like this . I have turned over leaves and pulled them off looking for bugs its only affecting this plant. @levonthedirtfarmer I think my plants look like a problem he had a little bit I was reading trying to find and answer

1 Like

Man that sucks… ya all you can do is nurse it back to pre drop off health…lol
I had the same thing with my 1st Chocolope batch but I think it was from lights to close damage. Sorry to hear you lost one…

3 Likes