Worms eating my leaves help please

So I went to play with the girls for a little while do a little stress training and while inspecting new shoots and taking away fan leaves blocking light I found these little guys eating away at the leaves on 2 plants. Anybody know what these are and how to get rid of them? I have used some DE don’t know if it will help but fingers crossed

Allen,

This is your problem

Leaf Miners

Leaf miners

These Little creatures are a pain to get rid of, the miners eat and dig squiggly lines into your leaves all the while planting there larvae in them making it hard to get rid of them. They plant there eggs in the leaves in mid When they hatch they feed off of your leaves untill they get big enough to pupate. Pupation occurs within the leaf or in the soil beneath the plant. After they emerge the entire cycle will start over and you will have a bigger infestation. You can tell you have leaf miners by looking at your leaves; it will look like someone carved scribble lines all over the plants leaves. Leaf miners also can leave your plant open to pathogens and fungus and low yields from the damage to the leaves. The females dig into the leaves and lay there eggs, the sap that is secreted when the leaf minors do damage attract ants and flies. . If your plants are affected during late flowering or close to harvest, please try to use the safest means of control to be safe to your health.

Controls

Controls: Natural control for these insects is difficult. You can remove affected leaves and discard them. Chemical control is hard and is ment towards the emerging adults. Since the larvae is well protected within the leaf. Neem oil will work well.

Hope this helps Allen

Will

1 Like

Yes!! Thank you! I have dusted with seven dust and DE, the more I actually got to looking the more I found I will pick up some neem oil a sap, and snip off any affected leaves.

Good deal Allen.please keep us posted on how It go’s

Will

I’m late into flower but can I still dust my plants for mites and caterpillars/worms? I’m growing outside.

You sure can. Go get them little buggers…lol

Will

Great! Thanks for the reply

@Clay0 ,

Your very welcome. If you ou need any other help just call on me.

B Safe
Will